14 year old girl sailing solo around world.. Jeeez!

Not many, most have kids at 16, maybe that's due to liberal attitudes to parenting?

It's ok...it all makes sense now. You think all..or "MOST":roll: kids at 16 have kids, so at 14 they must be less in your eyes?. Duh!!

Have to say your narrow mindedness is pretty astounding.

On second thoughts...

Do you base this on age or knowing the child personally? Or do you think that all children at that age are one in the same? Would you think differently as in "jeeez" if it was a boy?
Already addressed that Alien, you're obviously not paying attention.

Well of course i'm implying it. Do you have confidence in your kids? And if not at what point does your confidence come into question?
I't's not about them, it's about me.. I wouldn't allow it.

Posted by Alien

I wouldn't be confident in my kids sailing around the world but then again my kids don't sail...if they did and showed outstanding ability (as obvious this kid does) then my attitude would differ.

Well assuming that your kids are good at something, would you allow one to trot off on a solo around the world to progress at it?

Posted by Alien

If dad is sticking her in a boat because he just won the lottery..then yes, stooopid! My guess tho is she has lots of sailing experience and shown capable. If not then the dad and everyone involved needs to be reported to social services.

Of course, her experience played a key role in the decision that was made, but we could apply that line of thought to anything couldn't we?

Posted by Alien

Did you ever leave your children at 14 to go to the pub?

We've just started leaving our 14 year old lad at home should we go out, but we wouldn't leave him for days/weeks on end. At 16 yeah, wouldn't have a problem with that.

but surely its better to do it just before starting the heavy 2 years of gcse's rather than just after gcse's when it would be taking time out from sixth form then college then university.

meant the sailing of course not having kids, which by the way most don't have kids at 16 at all some do not most.

No, wouldn't allow any child of mine to venture off on their own like that, never in a million years.

Surely You can't deny that the amount of teens having kids is on the increase.

It's ok...it all makes sense now. You think all..or "MOST":roll: kids at 16 have kids, so at 14 they must be less in your eyes?. Duh!!

Have to say your narrow mindedness is pretty astounding.

On second thoughts...

Is that what I said Alien?:nono:

Archived