Should our police have tasers?

Police shouldn't have tasers all the time but they should have them for high risk events such as protest marches and left wing rallies. I'm sure the lefties would think twice about smashing up shop windows and attacking members of the public if there was a risk of being tasered!

i was going to mention that too but then i thought i would be met with comments about it being school holidays and all that. if they are in the vicinity of crime then they are usually up to no good aswell, I would be away from the situation personally

You can't extend that logic without evidence, there might be many legitimate reasons for her being in the vicinity, but the most salient point is there's been no indication she was involved in the anti social behaviour.

When being in the wrong place when the police are conducting an arrest becomes mitigation for getting tasered then I'll be moving to China-its more liberal!

You can't extend that logic without evidence, there might be many legitimate reasons for her being in the vicinity, but the most salient point is there's been no indication she was involved in the anti social behaviour.

When being in the wrong place when the police are conducting an arrest becomes mitigation for getting tasered then I'll be moving to China-its more liberal!

when i was 14 i was never that close to anyone being arrested. the media can twist stuff, we dont know she wasnt involved do we?

They already do. This is the result

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-10701733

I wouldn't trust them with a toy gun let alone a real one.

The funniest i read (still trying to find link) was an American cop who demonstrated his to a bunch of school kids. He got them to all hold hands and then tasered one of them. Cruel but very funny. I think he got fired.

I really don't think so, and this latest news makes me even more against the idea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-10887125

I don't see the problem here. She didn't die, she has no lasting dammage does she??

We all know that Nottingham has a knife & gun crime problem. Police need tasers in my opinion. People are moaning about yobs running amock, now the police have something to protect themselves & immobilise these people. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Archived