Should our police have tasers?

Apart from the obvious problems of police misuse of tasers if you start arming the police then criminals will also arm themselves appropriately which is why police walking around with guns is such a terrible idea.

absolutely yes they should be armed at the very least with a tazer. That might make half the little scrotes think before they commit a crime. Too many jump the gun and try to protect the criminal and their rights when actually hard discipline and a zero tolerance policy might actually make the uk a slightly better place.

there is no discipline, which is why we are in the state we are in.

Like the teenager who was just accidentally shot with one? Pre-emptive strike to make sure she doesn't stray later on?

it will make other teenagers think though wont it!

When i was a kid, we were scared of the police, kids and teens nowadays laugh in the face of any form of authority!

it will make other teenagers think though wont it!

When i was a kid, we were scared of the police, kids and teens nowadays laugh in the face of any form of authority!

It's the powers of the law that need to be more far reaching, NOT the powers of the police.

Yes tasers are great, would have loved the police to have come round and tasered all the nasty little chavs that used to make our lives a misery every single day where I used to live.

It would have been an actual punishment instead of the completely useless, pointless ASBOs they all had.

:rant:

Archived