VW Golf MK 5 passenger door refuses to open.

Help needed, my wife's passenger door on her golf 54 plate mk 5, will not open. When the button is pressed i can hear all the other 3 doors open then a second "thud" sounds from the passenger door but it remains locked. I have tried opening from the inside, outside and no joy. I know to get to the door mechanism i need to take the door skin off but i cant open the door to do this. Any ideas??????????????:huh::huh::huh:

help needed, my wife's passenger door on her golf 54 plate mk 5, will not open. When the button is pressed i can hear all the other 3 doors open then a second "thud" sounds from the passenger door but it remains locked. I have tried opening from the inside, outside and no joy. I know to get to the door mechanism i need to take the door skin off but i cant open the door to do this. Any ideas??????????????:huh::huh::huh:
hi give me a ring ...mick

I have a VW Polo and i have loads of problems with one of my doors, most days it wont lock when the others do, quite often it wont unlock, i think problems with doors are quite common on VW's.

There are some quite good forums around regarding these types of problems.

Archived