Anyone lost their job recently

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Corus-launches-new-recruitment-drive.6428721.jp

Spring personnel agency work, not that there is anything wrong with working for an agency

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/New-football-stadium-to-create.6218449.jp

New football stadium to create 130 jobs - How many are “pocket” money for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon

Some people like the flexibility of working part-time. Some people have been known to have a couple of part-time jobs, that allows them the flexibility to work around other commitments.

I didn't say it was a job that fitted 'all sizes'....I just said they are out there!

i just hope something happens soon to help the 18-24 age bracket, there seems to be little or nothing out there.

yes there are jobs that they want/can do/are suitable, but when was the last time you saw a young person in work in the "usual" places?

all i see nowadays are the 40+ age people working on checkouts, in shops etc...what would have been classed as unskilled or starter type jobs.

who can you blame? there ar so many "older" people who are unemployed too.

who would YOU employ? a young person with some gcse's, maybe a couple of A level's or an experienced adult with years of work/life experience?

both can be aquired for minimum wage.

the days are gone where you could walk out of school into an unskilled job.

max

I know a company that is really short staffed and always has staff leaving / joining.

All you need is to be willing to pay for and go on a security guard training course and then pay for your SIA badge.

The company only pays minimum wage but you could easily work 80+ hours per week if you wanted to (but you would have to opt out of the european working time regulations act).

This is the job I have got recently, I retrained when I lost my job, now i work 40 hours a week over 3 night shifts, including a 16 hour shift. Its not nice, but it is better than been on benefits.

3 0n 4 off is that a part time job?

40 hours is classed as full time

i originally was on about 72 - 80 hours a week, but to be perfectly honest i cant hack those hours, i am a big family person, quality time is worth more than minimum wage, so they let me go from 5 days to 3.

this will keep me going until i can get a full time normal job in the sector i normally work, which might be a while :(

this will keep me going until i can get a full time normal job in the sector i normally work, which might be a while :(

I like your thinking on another thread I said I would clean toilets if needs must and I was belittled for suggesting it , its nice to see its not just me that would rather be working than not working.

40 hours is classed as full time

i originally was on about 72 - 80 hours a week, but to be perfectly honest i cant hack those hours, i am a big family person, quality time is worth more than minimum wage, so they let me go from 5 days to 3.

Well done you! That's the sort of spirit we need in this country. How do you get on with the hours crammed in to not many days? Gives you loads of spare time & you don't always find yourself doing the weekly shop with the masses (which is nice), but i bet after the last shift you are knackered for your first rest day?

but i bet after the last shift you are knackered for your first rest day?

I used to do 12hr shifts 4 on 4 off which sounds great but you have to remember that while doing the 4 on all you do is work and sleep and the first day off you are zombified, then you get 3 days off which is still good I suppose.

Archived