Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

I think the more succinct test is whether Muslims eat 'halal' meat, slaughtered in the 'English way'-it appears to be acceptable to Muslim children who attend Sheffield schools, and Muslim housewives who purchase it from most major supermarkets.

That's fine, you're not required to eat it any more than I am.

The trouble is, that "English" meat is NOT acceptable to Muslims and that makes my point. That is why the schools are having to buy it in.

The other thing is, I am happy to eat halal meat, but you try to get a Muslim to eat "English" meat. Oh dear me no. :mad:

It is discrimination against the English and you should be speaking out against discrimination if you want to be even handed.

The trouble is, that "English" meat is NOT acceptable to Muslims and that makes my point.
..it doesn't really make any point. Some consumers will eat the cheapest, intensively farmed meat they can find and not bother too much about how the animal was reared, others will spend more and only eat organic meat that has almost been hand fed.

Consumers choose what they want to eat based on their finances and own dietary requirements, if a market exists for it then meat producers will supply it, it's no more complicated that really. I don't see why Muslims should be criticised for exercising their choice, provided it's within the law.

The other thing is, I am happy to eat halal meat, but you try to get a Muslim to eat "English" meat. Oh dear me no. :mad:

..try to get a vegetarian to eat meat. Oh dear me no :mad:

..it doesn't really make any point. Some consumers will eat the cheapest, intensively farmed meat they can find and not bother too much about how the animal was reared, others will spend more and only eat organic meat that has almost been hand fed.

Consumers choose what they want to eat based on their finances and own dietary requirements, if a market exists for it then meat producers will supply it, it's no more complicated that really. I don't see why Muslims should be criticised for exercising their choice, provided it's within the law.

..try to get a vegetarian to eat meat. Oh dear me no :mad:

Vegetarians don't eat meat that is a strawman. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The other strawman is that the debate is about "English" meat and halal meat. It is NOT about price.

Vegetarians don't eat meat that is a strawman. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Muslims don't eat non Halal meat-perhaps the 'shame' should be mutually applied.

The other strawman is that the debate is about "English" meat and halal meat. It is NOT about price.

I never suggested it was, I was pointing out other reasons why people choose to make their dietary choices-'choice' being the salient word.

The trouble is, that "English" meat is NOT acceptable to Muslims and that makes my point. That is why the schools are having to buy it in.

It is discrimination against the English and you should be speaking out against discrimination if you want to be even handed.

The only point it makes is to demonstrate your bigotry grahame. And "even-handed"? you. oh dear me no.

I take it your anti-Islam stance will extend to refusing to go to any takeaway or restaurant (chinese or indian, or whatever, as many use halal meat as a matter of course) to avoid any offence to your delicate constitution?(added after)

I see no strawmen.

The only point it makes is to demonstrate your bigotry grahame. And "even-handed"? you. oh dear me no.

I take it your anti-Islam stance will extend to refusing to go to any takeaway or restaurant (chinese or indian, or whatever, as many use halal meat as a matter of course) to avoid any offence to your delicate constitution?(added after)

I see no strawmen.

or strawwomen :hihi:

..to be fair to Grahame, PT-he did say he was 'happy to eat halal meat' earlier :)

I see no strawmen.

My stance is about discrimination against English children, special treatment for Muslims, and English children being dictated to.

Also if you read my posts you will see that I have no objection to eating halal meat and I love a "Chinese."

If only Muslims were as broad minded.

..to be fair to Grahame, PT-he did say he was 'happy to eat halal meat' earlier :)

My stance is about discrimination against English children, special treatment for Muslims, and English children being dictated to.

Also if you read my posts you will see that I have no objection to eating halal meat and I love a "Chinese."

If only Muslims were as broad minded.

I'll raise my hands to that one then. Ceded.

Archived