Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

The English children have no choice, how is that not discrimination? It is more than discrimination, it is dictatorial.

Do the English children have a choice about eating meat that has been reared in a humane way as well? Or should it just be choice about the meat suffering in an antiquated Islamic way of a Western commercial way?

In my opinion factory farming methods is far more cruel and brutal than Halal slaughter. The lack of complaint by some on this issue does speak volumes.

Perhaps you should read Acts 15:29 before happily tucking into meat that has been sacrificed to the moon god.

:hihi:

Good point. You obviously know your Bible. You had me worried there or a moment and then I realised this isn't the burnt offering the Jews used to make to their idols.

(You're teasing me. :))

But you know, to say the Jews were supposed to worship Jehovah, they sure went in for idol worship in a big way.

Do the English children have a choice about eating meat that has been reared in a humane way as well? Or should it just be choice about the meat suffering in an antiquated Islamic way of a Western commercial way?

In my opinion factory farming methods is far more cruel and brutal than Halal slaughter. The lack of complaint by some on this issue does speak volumes.

I'm assuming, in England at any-rate the cattle come from the same farms?

Yes I agree with you about factory farming methods. :)

Look the top and bottom of it is this, If your a Muslim in school they make sure your offered hal hal, so saying take it or leave it to English kids is wrong.

If they can go out of their way to appease Islamic views without question then why question the choice of an English person that is not happy knowing what he/she is eating has had its throat cut and suffered.

All the rest of it bigot, dissenters, is all cods wallop. People should have the right and we are so hell bent on not offending Muslims that we over look and totally dismiss when the English are offended.

I don't see a problem, they would offer hal hal in Sheffield as an alternative so why are we having this argument ? Why do they think its right for everyone just accept this ?

Ill leave you all to argue about it anyhow, my mind is made up that Toby is a plank for defending this and anyone thinking Im a bigot or dissenter can take a running jump. About time people stood up for them selves is all this topic has taught me.

Look the top and bottom of it is this, If your a Muslim in school they make sure your offered hal hal, so saying take it or leave it to English kids is wrong.

If they can go out of their way to appease Islamic views without question then why question the choice of an English person that is not happy knowing what he/she is eating has had its throat cut and suffered.

All the rest of it bigot, dissenters, is all cods wallop. People should have the right and we are so hell bent on not offending Muslims that we over look and totally dismiss when the English are offended.

I don't see a problem, they would offer hal hal in Sheffield as an alternative so why are we having this argument ? Why do they think its right for everyone just accept this ?

Ill leave you all to argue about it anyhow, my mind is made up that Toby is a plank for defending this and anyone thinking Im a bigot or dissenter can talk a running jump. About time people stood up for them selves is all this topic has taught me.

Hear, hear. And don't the Muslims just stand up for themselves. Not half!

Ill leave you all to argue about it anyhow, my mind is made up that Toby is a plank for defending this and anyone thinking Im a bigot or dissenter can take a running jump. About time people stood up for them selves is all this topic has taught me.

So am I right in believing that your sole objection is because a group of people are deriving a benefit from something you could do anyway-ie eat halal meat?

It reminds me of a time I travelled to Rome on my own, I had a window seat on the plane next to a bloke who was travelling with his son. They had been separated in the booking and he asked the person sitting next to his son, if they'd mind swapping with him so they could be together, he refused. I offered my place and swapped with the son, it was no loss to me, but it was of great benefit to them.

The halal meat argument is the same, it isn't about forcing people to do something they wouldn't do otherwise, we can all eat halal meat, save for Jewish folks I think, and anyone who has sincere objections should be catered for and offered a suitable alternative.

It's a much more cost/logistically effective alternative than providing halal meat only to halal eaters.

Ps..no multi-quotes h2m, you'll be pleased to see ;)

How do you think conventional abattoirs slaughter livestock? They don't tickle it to death.

How do you think conventional abattoirs slaughter livestock? They don't tickle it to death.

If you can stomach it, have a look on Youtube at abbatoirs stuff. It's bloody awful. As I said earlier IMO all slaughter, halal or other means should always involve stunning the animals before they are killed.

Can't help thinking though if people are genuinely concerned about the welfare of animals, then they wouldn't eat meat full stop.

Can't help thinking though if people are genuinely concerned about the welfare of animals, then they wouldn't eat meat full stop.

..and if they knew anything of what they were talking, they'd realise there's little material difference between the killing of pre-stunned halal livestock and a non halal ones.

Archived