Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

..absolutely, but I'm not sure of your point Grahame.

The point is, why do you push for the Muslim agenda which causes the most suffering, in preference to our long established English custom which causes less suffering, when the first priority should be to cause the least suffering possible to the animal?

Can we end the "I don't want Halal / Kosher meat" and "Let's stun the animals instead" arguments once and for all.

1) If you REALLY cared about animals, you'd be vegetarian (having organic meat isn't good enough)

2) If you've ever had an indian meal from a restaurant or takeaway, you've probably eaten Halal meat.

x

So based on the above, most posters on this topic are hypocrites.

I have had meals in local Indian restaurants from time to time and I'm not vegetarian, so I will shut up now.

x

The point is, why do you push for the Muslim agenda which causes the most suffering, in preference to our long established English custom which causes less suffering, when the first priority should be to cause the least suffering possible to the animal?

Im not pushing a 'Muslim agenda', I'm simply responding to those who have an anti-Muslim one.

As yet noone has been able to demonstrate that the halal meat being supplied to Harrow schools is killed in a less humane way than non halal meat would have been.

Can you tell me why you believe it is, please?

Im not pushing a 'Muslim agenda', I'm simply responding to those who have an anti-Muslim one.

As yet noone has been able to demonstrate that the halal meat being supplied to Harrow schools is killed in a less humane way than non halal meat would have been.

Can you tell me why you believe it is, please?

Not half you aren't pushing the Muslim agenda. You are pushing for halal meat for everyone.

So am I right in believing that your sole objection is because a group of people are deriving a benefit from something you could do anyway-ie eat halal meat?

It reminds me of a time I travelled to Rome on my own, I had a window seat on the plane next to a bloke who was travelling with his son. They had been separated in the booking and he asked the person sitting next to his son, if they'd mind swapping with him so they could be together, he refused. I offered my place and swapped with the son, it was no loss to me, but it was of great benefit to them.

The halal meat argument is the same, it isn't about forcing people to do something they wouldn't do otherwise, we can all eat halal meat, save for Jewish folks I think, and anyone who has sincere objections should be catered for and offered a suitable alternative.

It's a much more cost/logistically effective alternative than providing halal meat only to halal eaters.

Ps..no multi-quotes h2m, you'll be pleased to see ;)

Not half you aren't pushing the Muslim agenda. You are pushing for halal meat for everyone.

Could you tell me why the halal meat supplied to Harrow schools is slaughtered in a less humane way than conventional meat?

That's my only interest. If it is killed humanely, then I don't care whether it's halal or not.

Could you tell me why the halal meat supplied to Harrow schools is slaughtered in a less humane way than conventional meat?

That's my only interest. If it is killed humanely, then I don't care whether it's halal or not.

Oh for goodness sake. You know all this. Stop wriggling and admit you are biased in favour of Muslims.

You don't have an answer?

Then why don't you support the English way that stuns the animal first?

Like I said if people are going to eat meat then your priority should be to cause as little suffering to the animal as possible.

And don't give me a load of waffle because I do not believe you.

Archived