Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

Says he. He he.

Eh???

I really do not understand your posts Grahame, sorry but I am trying to make sense of what your point is but its beyond me :(

Most of my posts regarding religion follow this line........

I recognise peoples choice to whatever belief they have, I often dont agree with the belief but none the less I recognise peoples choices. This debate follows a religious line as we are talking about Halal/Harem considerations, my point is that again, its religion etc that that is at the core of the disagreements on here.

I hope that makes sense Grahame as your quoted post seems to suggest there is some degree of hypocrisy in what I am saying and I cant for the life of me understand how you would get to that conclusion. I am an atheist...(Thank God, Ooh, just realised, theres no God to thank, so erm...er...thank Elvis or whoever!) and make no bones about it

So I'm a vegetarian, which allows me to be critical of Halal slaughter methods. Whilst my wife, who pays 10x supermarket prices, but only buys meat for her and the kids from a place where they can tell her the name of the animal and how much it enjoyed it's life, is not allowed to comment because that would make her a hypocrite.

You are allowed to criticise me; your wife and the kids are not.

:)

Eh???

I really do not understand your posts Grahame, sorry but I am trying to make sense of what your point is but its beyond me :(

Most of my posts regarding religion follow this line........

I recognise peoples choice to whatever belief they have, I often dont agree with the belief but none the less I recognise peoples choices. This debate follows a religious line as we are talking about Halal/Harem considerations, my point is that again, its religion etc that that is at the core of the disagreements on here.

I hope that makes sense Grahame as your quoted post seems to suggest there is some degree of hypocrisy in what I am saying and I cant for the life of me understand how you would get to that conclusion. I am an atheist...(Thank God, Ooh, just realised, theres no God to thank, so erm...er...thank Elvis or whoever!) and make no bones about it

I wasn't getting at you except to say you misunderstood completely. As far as I was concerned it wasn't about halal meat and it wasn't about religion, it was about peoples rights (everyone's rights, not just a single group) it was about putting personal preference to one side and it was about making a correct and proper judgement based on what is in the best interest of the person directly concerned, in this case it was an animal but the same principle applies in all situations.

All you saw was the swan on the lake but you didn't see what was going on under the surface, at least not from my side of the debate.

As a devout Pastafarian, I am deeply offended that pasta is being served to schoolchildren without a blessing to The Flying Spaghetti Monster (pbuh).

There are now a not insignificant number of Pastafarians in the UK, and the many 10s of us feel that our needs are being overlooked. Pasta that has been blessed can be eaten by everybody, and tastes exactly the same. Pastafarians however, are unable to eat Pasta that has not been blessed by the Pastal method and is therefore Pasher.

For Pastafarian children the only option they have is to eat is Pasher, it is part of their religion, whereas it isn't a problem for children of other faiths to eat Pasher. This isn't about Pastafication or pandering to Pastafarians, it's just common sense.

Compared with a budget approaching £1 billion for providing school meals, the £500,000 annual cost of ensuring we provide Pashel Pasta would be insignificant. My church would be able to provide this service.

R’amen.

The word for it is 'business' my friend, do you object to the free market?

If the market is there then there will always be someone supplying it to make money and Muslims or Jews in that they are the same as money has no religion.

I am offended by your suggestions that there could be financial motivations at play here.

I wasn't getting at you except to say you misunderstood completely. As far as I was concerned it wasn't about halal meat and it wasn't about religion, it was about peoples rights (everyone's rights, not just a single group) it was about putting personal preference to one side and it was about making a correct and proper judgement based on what is in the best interest of the person directly concerned, in this case it was an animal but the same principle applies in all situations.

All you saw was the swan on the lake but you didn't see what was going on under the surface, at least not from my side of the debate.

Im sorry Grahame, I cant understand what you mean still? Your post originally said something like..."So says he.he he" and that was all you wrote in response to my post about trying to make myself clear to the forum. How on earth am I supposed to derive all the you state above from "So says he. he he"?? That just doesnt make any sense at all.

I like your quote about only seeing the swan on the lake but not whats going on under the surface though, that makes sense. The only problem is as far as I can tell is that you make it difficualt for anyone to see under your waters as you tend to cloud them yourself so that all people can see is the swan.

Just out of interest, if you had to eat the swan, and I mean simply had no other choice, ie life and death/survival etc, how would you prefer it killed, in a Halal way or just snap its neck and trough it?

Im sorry Grahame, I cant understand what you mean still? Your post originally said something like..."So says he.he he" and that was all you wrote in response to my post about trying to make myself clear to the forum. How on earth am I supposed to derive all the you state above from "So says he. he he"?? That just doesnt make any sense at all.

I like your quote about only seeing the swan on the lake but not whats going on under the surface though, that makes sense. The only problem is as far as I can tell is that you make it difficualt for anyone to see under your waters as you tend to cloud them yourself so that all people can see is the swan.

Just out of interest, if you had to eat the swan, and I mean simply had no other choice, ie life and death/survival etc, how would you prefer it killed, in a Halal way or just snap its neck and trough it?

Do what my dad did when we kept chickens sixty years ago. Wring it's neck. I think cutting it's throat and hanging it up to bleed to death is cruel.

Do you at least understand the debate, at least my side of it. It was not about religion I was using it as a vehicle. It was about human rights and the rights of the individual, in this case a cow. The Muslims were only thinking selfishly about what they wanted for themselves. They were imposing their views on the Christians and the cruellest group were getting all the support. Boyfriday in my opinion was wrong. Very wrong to support the cruellest method of slaughter.

Archived