Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

i thought most mass produced/supplied halal meat was pre-stunned before being bleed?!?

if so surely theres no animal cruelty argument there?

my only issue with schools using halal meat was if its costing more than standard meat it would mean another part of the budget would be strained ie fruit and veg.

other than that i'm happy enough to eat halal or british standard meat. these animals were born to be killed and ate obviosly pre-stunned is prefered but anyone that has issue over the bleeding process (When pre stunning is present) is either being awkward for the sake of it or should be a vegetarian.

do feel all animals should be pre-stunned first to reduce pain and suffering but as i stated at the start of my post im under the impression that mass market halal meat is and so is british standard meat.

at the end of the day though i'd rather my daughters school serve halal meat than reclaimed meat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat

Deuteronomy 12:16

That load of old todge is where islamics get their info?

The bible is about as believable as a vegitarian texan. You might as well get you info from the koran.

Get with reality mate and stop pretending fairy stories are real.

i thought most mass produced/supplied halal meat was pre-stunned before being bleed?!?

if so surely theres no animal cruelty argument there?

my only issue with schools using halal meat was if its costing more than standard meat it would mean another part of the budget would be strained ie fruit and veg.

other than that i'm happy enough to eat halal or british standard meat. these animals were born to be killed and ate obviosly pre-stunned is prefered but anyone that has issue over the bleeding process (When pre stunning is present) is either being awkward for the sake of it or should be a vegetarian.

do feel all animals should be pre-stunned first to reduce pain and suffering but as i stated at the start of my post im under the impression that mass market halal meat is and so is british standard meat.

at the end of the day though i'd rather my daughters school serve halal meat than reclaimed meat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_separated_meat

Your not one of those fruit and veg nutters are you ? next we know we will be expected to eat that too ! :hihi:

The bible is about as believable as a vegitarian texan. You might as well get you info from the koran.

That bible was reffered to as a reply to our very own nutcase Grahame in an earlier post, please try and follow the whole thread rather than picking up things in the middle

That bible was reffered to as a reply to our very own nutcase Grahame in an earlier post, please try and follow the whole thread rather than picking up things in the middle

he Christian nutcase, you muslamic nutcase - you comprende?

Both nutcases, both believe stupid fairy stories. Neither of you are anything other than basicly witchcraft fans.

You'll cheerilly stone women to death for one thing, he'll do it for another, you're both mental religous nutters who have no place in the 21st century.

Your not one of those fruit and veg nutters are you ? next we know we will be expected to eat that too ! :hihi:

lol nah deffo favour the meat side of a meal than the healthy bits :D

would rather my childs meals were well balanced though as her health is my responsability, were as im old enough to judge my dietry needs for my self, my daughter isn't.

but schools food budgets are quite tight already (not the amount parents pay but the amount that is actually spent on food)

we've heard over and over about how childrens school dinners were really quite unhealthy and only recently has it started to improve and contain less fats sugars addictives and other 'fake' rubbish.

so if standard meat was erm ok total guess here so £10 a kilo and halal matched it it wouldn't bother me.

but say hala cost £15 a kilo it must mean that something was being cut out or replaced with a cheaper alternative and thats where it would become an issue for me.

Thats not the point tho to be fare. Its surly about it being biased and if the boot was on the other foot then an alternative would be found at cost for fear of offence. Yet no one gives a hoot what offence an English man would or should incur, its all dissenting and bigotry if an English man should not want to eat what an English person deems cruel.

So the conclusion drawn is that religion (Islam) holds president over what people here consider inhumane and its tough, but given if none hal hal was served its an attack on liberties.

you fail to understand the cultural differences in different parts of this country. It's time we stopped talking about England as if every city and town is the same and because something is happening in one place it will happen everywhere.

Harrow is a very tolerant multi faith area with many different communities and cultures and a high level of integration. It is a world away from places like Sheffield even though Sheffield is multi faith. Nobody is suggesting that this si the right thing for the whole of England but for Harrow it is. In a place where it would cause offence it's unlikely the council would introduce it.

he Christian nutcase, you muslamic nutcase - you comprende?

Both nutcases, both believe stupid fairy stories. Neither of you are anything other than basicly witchcraft fans.

You'll cheerilly stone women to death for one thing, he'll do it for another, you're both mental religous nutters who have no place in the 21st century.

Religion has a lot to offer. The advice not to eat blood will have been born of the days before the likes of health and safety and the implementation of food and hygiene certificates.

The blood carries a lot of waist products as well as nutrition so back in the day it was probably ideal to air on caution.

Theres loads of stuff religion helps you with, its only today in our society where we have scientific advances that we feel we are able to know better.

I tend to agree :)

Archived