Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

I tend to agree :)
You would not have gotten where you are today without religion. As societies grew the need for rules on every issue concerning the existence and fruition of larger communities. Health, law and all morals are drawn from mans conception of religion, don't be dismissive of its power or our need for it.

Today, here you can hold your head out of water but many places and peoples cannot so give it some respect.

Religion has a lot to offer. The advice not to eat blood will have been born of the days before the likes of health and safety and the implementation of food and hygiene certificates.

The blood carries a lot of waist products as well as nutrition so back in the day it was probably ideal to air on caution.

Theres loads of stuff religion helps you with, its only today in our society where we have scientific advances that we feel we are able to know better.

Religion maybe had a lot to offer at the point it was made up. So when the jews made up the torah shellfish may have been well dodgy. When the christians made up the bible coverting neighboring asses may have been hazerdous and when mohammed made up the koran not doing exactly what mohammed said was probably indeed very dangerous.

None of that has any bearing on modern life however.

Religion maybe had a lot to offer at the point it was made up. So when the jews made up the torah shellfish may have been well dodgy. When the christians made up the bible coverting neighboring asses may have been hazerdous and when mohammed made up the koran not doing exactly what mohammed said was probably indeed very dangerous.

None of that has any bearing on modern life however.

Not to your way of life, but people do not change at the drop of a hat because things often turn out not to be how they appear and what can be seen to work for generations will not be dropped like a hat.

Science is ofter correct at the point of purchase and is often amended when better understanding comes out, just how we now today see the frailties of colonialism, communism, consumerism and even democracy from lately, ect ect.

Religion offers long standing, and you can know better but the proof is in the pudding, and often the accumulation of knowledge in say religion is second to none, regardless if you buy into it or not.

All religion is one realigion total submission to God translated into Arabic means Islam. It's what Abraham Moses Jesus Mohammad and all the other messengers and prophets taught. People think there is another way because the material world has grown and evolution theory has been pushed as fact. In actual fact there is a lot of strong evidence which dosproves evolution theory.

Move away from the material world for a second and consider all the complex creatures on this earth from the tiniest insect with its own brain, from the human being to the elephant, the bird in flight, the fruits and vegetables with their own distinct colours tastes and smells in special rappings ready for us to eat. Human beings struggle to create a robot yet far more advanced beings of all colours shapes sizes are already here.

If you were sat in a dark room and had never seen the earth and I told you there is a magical world where all of this exists you would not beleive me but its the truth we can see it. To know that God exists one does not have to see God one relfects on the signs of God as the Quran teaches. The signs of Allahs creation are all around us its the material world which delludes us.

You would not have gotten where you are today without religion. As societies grew the need for rules on every issue concerning the existence and fruition of larger communities. Health, law and all morals are drawn from mans conception of religion, don't be dismissive of its power or our need for it.

Today, here you can hold your head out of water but many places and peoples cannot so give it some respect.

Hell no way! I am totally dismissive of religion and always will be.

I agree that as societies grew we had a need for religion, but that is due in part to not really having an alternative to explain our experiences. For example, a flood or plague of insects, it would have made perfect sense to have a religious explanation for these..(usually involving a from of punishment that we deserved anyway??) Thankfully now science can explain a flood or plague of insects in a perfectly rational way.

Furthermore, if you are using early societies development and the need for religion as an example, then I would suggest looking back at the countless conflicts that have happened due to religion

Does anyone remember that we had an enlightenment way back in the 18th century?

You would not have gotten where you are today without religion.
Or slavery. Or genocide.

Without those things, we would be somewhere entirely different, all of us.

Having been an integral part of human history does not mean we cannot and should not leave it far behind us, a skeleton in our collective historical closet.

Religion has a lot to offer. The advice not to eat blood will have been borne of the days before health and safety and the implementation of food and hygiene certificates.

The blood carries a lot of waste products as well as nutrition so back in the day it was probably ideal to err on the side of caution.

There's loads of stuff religion helps you with, its only today in our society where we have scientific advances, that we feel we are able to know better.

Gods serve their purpose, indisputably.

But we don't feel "we are able to know better", we actually do know better.

We now know why pork and nice warm climates aren't a good mix, and it's not because the meat is spiritually unclean, is it?

i.e. We have refrigerators, which are much more useful than gods.As gods no longer intervene in the world,whereas refrigerators clearly do, and in large part to our great, great benefit.

Of course there's no evidence to indicate gods interevened in antiquity, but that is notoriously hard to prove either way. We can say that what we know as a refrigerator today certainly didn't intervene in antiquity.

Fridges are human constructions, and are used to keep pork safe. This effect is most pronounced in areas with mains electricity. Gods are human constructs, and are used to control behaviour. This effect is most pronounced in poorly educated people.

We now know why pork and nice warm climates aren't a good mix, and it's not because the meat is spiritually unclean, is it?

i.e. We have refrigerators, which are much more useful than gods.As gods no longer intervene in the world,whereas refrigerators clearly do, and in large part to our great, great benefit.

Of course there's no evidence to indicate gods interevened in antiquity, but that is notoriously hard to prove either way. We can say that what we know as a refrigerator today certainly didn't intervene in antiquity.

Fridges are human constructions, and are used to keep pork safe. This effect is most pronounced in areas with mains electricity. Gods are human constructs, and are used to control behaviour. This effect is most pronounced in poorly educated people.

I agree with the most part but we cannot expect OUR knowledge to hold weight over what people think they know themselves. After all not everyone is capable of living the privileged, knowledgeable life's that we lead. The people of the world cannot even feed themselves nether mind comprehend all the scientific implications in their life's.

We have no right to go out there on some quest to push our knowledge on the rest of man kind, nature itself does not even work like that. Natural selection does not offer everyone the same advantages, some things are held back in case it all goes Pete tongue.

Maybe the western way of life offers man a way forward (maybe not if you look at global warming and aspects of globalization) but that does not mean that we can expect everyone to follow the lead, the days of colonialism are gone.

What we can and SHOULD have power and influence over is what goes on in our own society.

Or slavery. Or genocide.

Without those things, we would be somewhere entirely different, all of us.

Having been an integral part of human history does not mean we cannot and should not leave it far behind us, a skeleton in our collective historical closet.

Great post!

I agree with the most part but we cannot expect OUR knowledge to hold weight over what people think they know themselves. After all not everyone is capable of living the privileged, knowledgeable life's that we lead. The people of the world cannot even feed themselves nether mind comprehend all the scientific implications in their life's.

We have no right to go out there on some quest to push our knowledge on the rest of man kind, nature itself does not even work like that. Natural selection does not offer everyone the same advantages, some things are held back in case it all goes Pete tongue.

Maybe the western way of life offers man a way forward (maybe not if you look at global warming and aspects of globalization) but that does not mean that we can expect everyone to follow the lead, the days of colonialism are gone.

I think even our muslim friends are aware of the technology that is the fridge. Excusing religous superstition on the basis that they can't find their local Comet is a tad silly if you don't mind me saying so.

Great post!

How long is it since MAN invented the fridge ?

And how long do you think man is going to have cheap fuel to power such devices ?

I think, what you think a great post it all a little too short sighted for my liking.

A lot of thinking going off :D

Archived