Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

How long is it since MAN invented the fridge ?

The refrigeration coil was invented by Ibn Sina (Avicenna) in the 11th century, but it was a while until the first thing you could call a fridge in 1805. (wiki info)

I don't think there's a thing we can do about the gods disappearing. It's just a result of better thinking everywhere. What we need to worry about is the religions that are left over. Anyone who does not have a clear, unambiguous dialogue with god is a member of the religion for a different reason. Education worldwide is increasing in quantity and quality (I think, someone check that for me), and people are realising that gods had nothing to do with except, maybe, right at the beginning, the zero time point, what some lunatics refer to as the "Big Bang".

Neither kind of religious structure will melt away as easily. Cathedrals, Mosques and Temples will stand for thousands of years. And the various sects, branches and orders will stumble on going through the motions for a few centuries. But eventually it will be gone.

So part of me says - ritually slaughtered meat in schools is preposterous, what on earth (five exclamation marks), whilst another, more intelligent part of me says, it's dead animal. It lived a life and then it was killed to be eaten. If your kids aren't squeamish about that, and the creature hasn't been sadistically tortured at length to improve the flavour or colour or smelll or whatever, then wtf - who cares? It's dead now, and definitely not suffering anymore. If slaughtering livestock to ancient standards means we can all eat from the same pot, let's do it.

And we need to be in that kind of frame of mind to do the long sighted thinking you're talking about. Religions, almost universally, have some kind of end date considerably nearer than 4 billion years. Some self-proclaimed Christians have openly said they want to help bring about armageddon. (aka Immanentizing the Eschaton)

A clear lack of religious thinking, and a reliance on science will see our descendants survive the earth being engulfed by the sun.

A clear lack of science and a reliance on religious thinking will condemn us to cycles of collapse, like many other natural organisms.

We have the ability to break those shackles and meta-evolve, but that would literally be playing god. So gods must go, and we will replace them with knowledge.

BY ALL & ANY MEANS POSSIBLE!!!!!

;)

No I don't get what point you think I agree with here. the point I make is it is forced on English folk whether they object to the practice or not but yet the reverse of this is that they will at extra cost go out of their way to make sure Muslims get hal hal.

What part did you think I agreed with you ?

Did I say we were in agreement about anything?? :confused:

We can all eat hal hal ? ok, but we cant all eat meat killed humanly as shown by my school paying extra for hal hal so whats the comparison ? can you not see the conflict in this ?

Does your school pay extra for halal? It's often cheaper in supermarkets. The comparison is halal meat in schools is the same as non halal except it's had the religions verse chanted over it. As a non Muslim, I've no problem with it, but a Muslim would have a problem without it.

Im not sure what the point is other than this all stinks.

I suspected that was the case ;)

Thanks for not doing my head in with multie's BF ;)

Sorry we're back to them h2m :blush:

bf should have been a footballer all that swerving he would have been brilliant :hihi:

You must be struggling reading the game ricgem? ;)

It's the people who are trying to justify a ban on halal meat (in schools) due to animal welfare considerations who've scored an own goal.

My sister is just back from India and theres a BIG difference from the old fashioned British curry to what they eat. I have ate many times at my mates and the Pakistani curries I have had (mainly lentils, veg ect) is definitely different to what you would consider the British curry. Because we have adapted a dish to suit our pallet means what exactly ?

Did you read the post mine was in response to? It was a joke, I wasn't making any culinary critique!

Lets put the boot on the other foot and say people were ok with this as long as Muslims had to tuck into bacon the same as the English chaps, could you not see then that the objections be valid, anyone ?
You're not comparing like for like though, Muslims can't eat pork. It's like asking a Wednesday fan to support United, it's still football after all. Whilst as a Unitedite we might benefit from increased gate receipts it isn't something that's going to happen any time soon.

You must be struggling reading the game ricgem? ;)

It's the people who are trying to justify a ban on halal meat (in schools) due to animal welfare considerations who've scored an own goal.

whether school children eat halal meat or not why is the choice in favour of the muslim population first ?you say that by not giving halal meat we are discriminating against the muslims .if this is the case will all future menu s be formed from a muslims point of view regardless of anyone else ?

whether school children eat halal meat or not why is the choice in favour of the muslim population first ?you say that by not giving halal meat we are discriminating against the muslims .if this is the case will all future menu s be formed from a muslims point of view regardless of anyone else ?

I didn't mention the word 'discriminating' ricgem-that isn't the basis of my position, all I've said is I'm not bothered, halal meat is meat I and most people eat anyway, if having it on a menu helps other people, then it seems a bit daft to me to object to it..just because it helps them. Nobody who objects to it in schools has yet offered a logical reason for doing so.

If the argument was about changes being made to make us all eat fish, then there'd be a point. But Halal chicken in schools, has the same qualities as non Halal chicken, if a Muslim bloke reciting a verse over it changed it's qualities then I'd be against it.

and his sidekick pt :hihi: they like sf answer to batman and robin :hihi:

So why did you PM me saying it was hinge and bracket ? :hihi:

..you might be disappointed to discover you two were never likened to Merton & Hislop ;)

Halal or non-halal meat, it makes no difference to me, it's all delicious! :)

However, I know that Muslims like their meat to be Halal but don't know why.

Why is it important? What's the history behind it?

Can anyone enlighten me (sorry to sound dumb, I'm in no way, shape or form religious so am serverly under educated on such subjects!)

Thanks

Archived