Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

But what happens if or when pork is removed from the menu?

Well that would be interfering with food choices, so I would be against it-I said earlier if this was about a religious group forcing the majority to eat fish for example, then I'd be totally against it.

But we should cross that bridge if we ever arrive at it.

I dont think that Muslims will have pork and Halal products stored together, so if this was impractical for a school, you just know that it will be the pork that bites the dust :roll:

When will you accept that Muslims are slowly taking over?

Why can't they send their children to school with a packed lunch instead of making white people eat halal? Ah that's right because they are benefit scroungers and can't afford to do that. They get free school dinners and think it should be halal to suit them.

It's people like you that make them think they are even welcome here.

Just driving through Firth Park makes me sick.

I would hate to see the sorry state of England in 20-30 years old and I will gladly emmegrate just for you ;)

What a load of ********.

Lots of muslim children do bring sandwiches to school. No one forces white kids to eat halal meat.

If driving through Firth Park makes you sick it is because there is something wrong with you.

Maybe you need some help?

I dont think that Muslims will have pork and Halal products stored together, so if this was impractical for a school, you just know that it will be the pork that bites the dust :roll:

It's a long time since I've enjoyed school dinners, but halal meat has been offered for many years now and they've probably got well used to segregating vegetarians from meat, coeliacs from gluten, nut allergies from satay sauce and halal from pork.

It's a long time since I've enjoyed school dinners, but halal meat has been offered for many years now and they've probably got well used to segregating vegetarians from meat, coeliacs from gluten, nut allergies from satay sauce and halal from pork.

Schools will have no problem keeping Halal and non Halal products physicaly apart, but will the Muslims be happy?? the answer im sure is yes, most of them probably will, its the dastardly leftists that will be unhappy :roll:

The whole point of this thread is that killing animals without prestunning is more cruel than if they are prestunned.

I'm amazed that some posters have said they don't care about this as long as the animal ends up dead.

I don't believe any exceptions should be made to any religious groupings.

BF has given a link saying that at least in Sheffield, Halal meat for schools has been humanely slaughtered.

If Sheffield can do it the rest can.

The whole point of this thread is that killing animals without prestunning is more cruel than if they are prestunned.

I'm amazed that some posters have said they don't care about this as long as the animal ends up dead.

I don't believe any exceptions should be made to any religious groupings.

BF has given a link saying that at least in Sheffield, Halal meat for schools has been humanely slaughtered.

If Sheffield can do it the rest can.

Show me the link please.

I was responding to what you said below and saying "So says he" seems a reasonable way of saying you are wrong. The "he he" at the end was to make up the required number of characters. Then in my next post I explained why you were wrong.

Thanks for clarifying that Grahame. Its clear now that your post was wrong then in that case.

I made a point that the whole debate is as a result of religion and that is the case, regardless of different views and cultural practices, underpinning the whole debate is the fact that Halal according to Islamic law is permissable to Muslims as opposed to Hareem which is not permissable.

In a later post you go on to try to explain why I was wrong but with very little substance. I can understand where your coming from ie the debate "For you" is about human rights, but again if it wasnt for religious practices ie Halal/Hareem we wouldnt even be having this discussion as there would be no thread about it!

Sure, your views on human rights would be welcome, but the fact still remains, this thread/post/whole issue of discussion is underpinned by religion, my original point.

Schools will have no problem keeping Halal and non Halal products physicaly apart, but will the Muslims be happy?? the answer im sure is yes, most of them probably will, its the dastardly leftists that will be unhappy :roll:

My lad's school serves halal meat and has done for some time, they also do sausage sandwiches and unless Muslim kids aren't aware of what a sausage is, they cant have any difficulties with it, he tells me some of the vegetarians have been tempted though ;)

Archived