Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

BF has given a link saying that at least in Sheffield, Halal meat for schools has been humanely slaughtered.

If Sheffield can do it the rest can.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't, Dick.

Im pretty sure someone mentioned earlier that the issue of forcing halal meat on Harrow school kids isn't strictly true, the council have spoken to one particular contractor who provides halal only meat, but the schools are free to purchase their meat and other supplies from whoever they want to.

Here's the link, if it hasn't been provided already-

Harrow councillor Brian Gate said it would be the choice of individual schools as to whether or not they chose to use catering firm Harrison Catering Services, which serves halal-only meat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10884787

Thanks for clarifying that Grahame. Its clear now that your post was wrong then in that case.

I made a point that the whole debate is as a result of religion and that is the case, regardless of different views and cultural practices, underpinning the whole debate is the fact that Halal according to Islamic law is permissable to Muslims as opposed to Hareem which is not permissable.

In a later post you go on to try to explain why I was wrong but with very little substance. I can understand where your coming from ie the debate "For you" is about human rights, but again if it wasnt for religious practices ie Halal/Hareem we wouldnt even be having this discussion as there would be no thread about it!

Sure, your views on human rights would be welcome, but the fact still remains, this thread/post/whole issue of discussion is underpinned by religion, my original point.

As far as I am concerned it is about the 'rights' of living creatures. Religion does not play a part in my argument and a humanist and an atheist could identify with my view.

The religious card is being played by the Muslims.

When will you accept that Muslims are slowly taking over?

Why can't they send their children to school with a packed lunch instead of making white people eat halal? Ah that's right because they are benefit scroungers and can't afford to do that. They get free school dinners and think it should be halal to suit them.

It's people like you that make them think they are even welcome here.

Just driving through Firth Park makes me sick.

I would hate to see the sorry state of England in 20-30 years old and I will gladly emmegrate just for you ;)

Where will you emmegrate (sic) to? Do you think you'll be made welcome in your new home?

Link from Boy Friday

Thanks for the link. Pre-stunning is not part of the procedure. Someone is telling lies.

Dhabiha: Method of slaughter

Main article: Dhabiha

Thabiha or Dhabiha (Arabic: ذبيحة‎), is the prescribed method of ritual slaughter of all animals excluding fish and most sea-life per Islamic law. This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact. The method is believed to cause minimal suffering to the animal as it cuts off the blood supply to the brain hence the pain center [citation needed]. Furthermore it causes all the blood from the animal to gush out leaving negligible amounts of blood remaining in the body, the principle being that blood is a good medium for germs[citation needed].

Of course it is, because it's their religion that dictates what they can and can't eat!

And their religion dictates how animals are slaughtered and it does NOT include pre-stunning.

They cut the animals throat, hang it upside down and leave it to bleed to death. :gag:

And Boyfriday, I have said this to you before and I will say it again, your concern and my concern should be to cause as little suffering to the animal as possible. You continually and blatantly ignore that major issue. You attitude seems to be that if the Muslim people are happy then it does not matter if the animal suffers and I think that attitude is disgusting.

Thanks for the link. Pre-stunning is not part of the procedure. Someone is telling lies.

Dhabiha: Method of slaughter

Main article: Dhabiha

Thabiha or Dhabiha (Arabic: ذبيحة‎), is the prescribed method of ritual slaughter of all animals excluding fish and most sea-life per Islamic law. This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact. The method is believed to cause minimal suffering to the animal as it cuts off the blood supply to the brain hence the pain center [citation needed]. Furthermore it causes all the blood from the animal to gush out leaving negligible amounts of blood remaining in the body, the principle being that blood is a good medium for germs[citation needed].

No, someone's just extremely dense and needs everything spelling out for him.

Archived