Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

And their religion dictates how animals are slaughtered and it does NOT include pre-stunning.

They cut the animals throat, hang it upside down and leave it to bleed to death. :gag:

And Boyfriday, I have said this to you before and I will say it again, your concern and my concern should be to cause as little suffering to the animal as possible. You continually and blatantly ignore that major issue. You attitude seems to be that if the Muslim people are happy then it does not matter if the animal suffers and I think that attitude is disgusting.

by they I take it you mean ze muslims.

What does the bible say about the slaughter of animals and the blood does it not dictate how they should be slaughtered? :huh:

Deuteronomy 12:16

But you must not consume the blood. You must pour it out on the ground like water.

But never consume the blood, for the blood is the life, and you must not consume the lifeblood with the meat.

why do you care about halal meat in Harrow unless of course you live in Harrow.

This is Sheffield Forum so I'm guessing most posters on here don't live in Harrow and more than half have probably never set foot in the place.

Does your imagination only extend to the boundaries of your local area? How close to home does animal cruelty have to be to be wrong? If genocide occurs on the other side of the world,do we need not concern ourselves?

by they I take it you mean ze muslims.

What does the bible say about the slaughter of animals and the blood does it not dictate how they should be slaughtered? :huh:

Deuteronomy 12:16

But you must not consume the blood. You must pour it out on the ground like water.

But never consume the blood, for the blood is the life, and you must not consume the lifeblood with the meat.

Yes, that is correct. Put the blood on the ground. Blood is good fertiliser. The blood is drained from stunned animals as well you know, so I don't see why Muslims can't accept stunning?

Yes, that is correct. Put the blood on the ground. Blood is good fertiliser. The blood is drained from stunned animals as well you know, so I don't see why Muslims can't accept stunning?

its got nothing to with fertiliser, as it says But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat

The halal way drains all the blood out of the animal

also it dosn't say anything about stunning in the koran or the bible.

the muzlims stick to that but the christians change the bible to suit them,

Stunning can kill the animal, and ze muslims don't want that!

Precisely. They do not pre-stun which means it is not halal. Then they slit the animals throat and let it bleed to death leaving its spinal chord and brain intact so it feels all the pain.

You are making me feel sicker and sicker with your window dressing excuses.

I wonder if your god is appreciating your contributions and uneccesary invective?

I've stated several times the circumstances in which pre-stunning livestock is permissible for halal meat.

In the example you quoted of the various stunning methods, reasons were given for not using them-all except electrocution.

The article I linked to then went onto explain the electrocution device devised by Bristol University, which is permissible, and can be used by Muslims to pre-stun animals.

Sheffield are apparently doing the same.

Sheffield LEA only purchase pre-stunned halal meat, that is certified as such, Ive linked to the relevant page earlier as did Dick..perhaps you failed to read it again?

its got nothing to with fertiliser, as it says But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat

The halal way drains all the blood out of the animal

also it dosn't say anything about stunning in the koran or the bible.

the muzlims stick to that but the christians change the bible to suit them,

Fine, just don't drink the blood and put it on the ground. No problem.

Stunning is more humane so why not do it?

I agree there are no rules either way in either the Bible or the Koran so where is the problem other than Muslims making rules up regarding stunning?

My consideration is to the animal and to do it as humanly as possible. I can't see a problem with that?

Either way you won't be eating blood.

I'm off to bed.

Stunning is more humane so why not do it? I agree there are no rules either way in either the Bible or the Koran so where is the problem?

It strikes me people (Muslims) are making these rules up?

My consideration is to the animal and to do it as humanly as possible. I can't see a problem with that?

As BF has mentioned there are certain stunning methods acceptable to muslims.

which rules are ze muslims making up?

God has told you to eat meat so eat it, and make sure you hang it upside down and drain all the blood as the blood is the life, so killing an animal by stunning it means that not all the blood will not drain out.

Sheffield LEA only purchase pre-stunned halal meat, that is certified as such, Ive linked to the relevant page earlier as did Dick..perhaps you failed to read it again?

Stunning is more humane so why not do it? I agree there are no rules either way in either the Bible or the Koran so where is the problem?

It strikes me people (Muslims) are making these rules up?

I'm off to bed.

if you read the bold in boyfridays post (and a good 20 or so before it) you would see that alot of halal meat is pre-stunned.

its not just the bleeding that makes it halal though, but meat will not drain the blood completly unless its still alive whilst being drained as the heart pumps the blood out of the carcus.

there is also a prayer said over the animal.

they don't want the meat killed by being stunned as it means the heart wont pump blood out. thant being said standard non halal meat gets drained of blood whilst still alive as well. it doesn't matter it there brain dead from being stunned it just counts that the heart is still pumping for the meat to be halal.

just to confirm though, mass produced/supplied halal meat in this country is pre stunned.

As BF has mentioned there are certain stunning methods acceptable to muslims.

which rules are ze muslims making up?

God has told you to eat meat so eat it, and make sure you hang it upside down and drain all the blood as the blood is the life, so killing an animal by stunning it means that not all the blood will not drain out.

Immediately after death the animal is hung up and the blood allowed to drain out. So no problem.

The rule Muslims are making up, it is not in the Koran, is the one about not stunning it because it kills it. :confused:

Archived