Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

As long as you make it clear that bleeding animals to death over several minutes is ISLAMIC religious practise.

Jeees Louise??

Grahame, I think its fair to say that most of the posts prior to mine did that already. I think it was and is clear that the Halal practice we are talking about here is an Islamic one. However that shouldnt really matter though Grahame as you have already stated that "for you" this discussion is not about religion and you were using it as a vehicle for rights of animals.

Immediately after death the animal is hung up and the blood allowed to drain out. So no problem.

The rule Muslims are making up, it is not in the Koran, is the one about not stunning it because it kills it. :confused:

..you were previously of the opinion that the captive bolt method of stunning killed the animal, so it would appear you agreed with the Muslim view:

I reckon our method of slaughter is the best. From what I can gather the animal dies instantly the moment it is stunned.

Then the head is removed from the dead animal and it is hung to allow the blood to drain away. So, no blood.

Immediately after death the animal is hung up and the blood allowed to drain out. So no problem.

The rule Muslims are making up, it is not in the Koran, is the one about not stunning it because it kills it. :confused:

standard non halal meat:

Farm animals are stunned by electricity or percussion, and killed by cutting the blood vessels in the neck, causing exsanguination

will point out again. our standard uk meat is not hung after its death its hung then its neck is slit which kills it. (killed the same as halal meat, pre-stunning is the issue as thats the difference between standard and halal meat)

Certain stunning methods can kill, :loopy:

hanging the animal and draining the blood was a problem until you read certain verses of a certain book!

The Quran specifically details not eating the meat of 'dead' animals- so where there is confusion is what level of stunning is required- if stunned too much the animal can die so that renders it impermissable to consume.

I have personally carried out a slaughter and the animal was momentarily stunned, and within a few seconds, I slit the throat. One quick swipe with a sharp knife and its all over. The animal did not go into any spasm nor did it show agony- the object is to kill it quick and efficiently and let the blood drain out.

Overall it comes down to what level muslims wish to go to when accepting what is halal and what may constitute it being non halal (was it stunned- if so, was the animal still alive blah blah blah).

The Quran specifically details not eating the meat of 'dead' animals- so where there is confusion is what level of stunning is required- if stunned too much the animal can die so that renders it impermissable to consume.

I have personally carried out a slaughter and the animal was momentarily stunned, and within a few seconds, I slit the throat. One quick swipe with a sharp knife and its all over. The animal did not go into any spasm nor did it show agony- the object is to kill it quick and efficiently and let the blood drain out.

Overall it comes down to what level muslims wish to go to when accepting what is halal and what may constitute it being non halal (was it stunned- if so, was the animal still alive blah blah blah).

I always eat the meat of dead animals.

standard non halal meat:

Farm animals are stunned by electricity or percussion, and killed by cutting the blood vessels in the neck, causing exsanguination

will point out again. our standard uk meat is not hung after its death its hung then its neck is slit which kills it. (killed the same as halal meat, pre-stunning is the issue as thats the difference between standard and halal meat)

This is how it is done, and there is no blood left in the meat.

http://www.noelchadwick.co.uk/abattoir_slgthtr_cattle.html

..you were previously of the opinion that the captive bolt method of stunning killed the animal, so it would appear you agreed with the Muslim view:

I agree the bolt kills the animal, death is instantaneous and I don't have a problem with it and neither should you.

The Islamic way causes pain and suffering.

Archived