Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

This is how it is done, and there is no blood left in the meat.

http://www.noelchadwick.co.uk/abattoir_slgthtr_cattle.html

did you read your own link :huh:

A captive bolt gun holds a steel bolt that is powered by either compressed air or a blank cartridge. The gun is placed gently on the middle of the animal's forehead and then fired. As a result, the steel bolt is driven into the animal's brain, causing instant loss of consciousness - without causing pain. After the shot is fired, the bolt retracts and is reset for the next animal.

its not killed by being stunned its clearly states loss of consciousness as in heart still beating which means its still alive up to the point of its neck being slit

]The Quran specifically details not eating the meat of 'dead' animals-[/b]

The bible does to : Leviticus 22:8 He shall not eat an animal which dies or is torn by beasts, becoming unclean by it; I am the LORD.

Grahame?

did you read your own link :huh:

its not killed by being stunned its clearly states loss of consciousness as in heart still beating which means its still alive up to the point of its neck being slit

If stunning does not kill it, then what is your problem with stunning?

]The Quran specifically details not eating the meat of 'dead' animals-[/b]

The bible does to : Leviticus 22:8 He shall not eat an animal which dies or is torn by beasts, becoming unclean by it; I am the LORD.

Grahame?

Yes, and this is where Bazooka and Muslims generally are wrong.

That is what 'dead' animals means. Not what Bazooka said.

There should be no special dispensation for Halal and Kosher slaughter on religious/cultural/traditional grounds.

The law should be the same for aliens and their creeds as it is for the general population.

Fox hunting was banned despite the fact that large sections of the rural community argued that it (fox hunting) is traditional and a pest control method.

The RSPCA and most of the animal rights crowd are just cowardly when it comes to speaking up against the Jewish and Islamic lobbies.

Jews and Muslims are well aware that planes fly both ways (in and out of heathrow) if they disagree with our laws.

If stunning does not kill it, then what is your problem with stunning?

u really are a ass. where did i say i had a problem with stunning? at least twice i have said i have no problem with halal meat being served in schools if it is pre-stunned.

you have made your issues over animals still being alive during the bleeding process and now that ive just pointed out that its not exclusive to halal you see fit to invent problems ive spoke no word of having issue with.

I agree the bolt kills the animal, death is instantaneous and I don't have a problem with it and neither should you.

..the trouble is, according to the RSPCA (link posted previously, several times), the captive bolt is not intended to be used to kill the animal, besides which how can you describe a bolt fired through the skull and into the brain as being humane? I'm sure if this were the Muslim weapon of choice even more people would be frothing from the mouth about them.

u really are a ass. where did i say i had a problem with stunning? at least twice i have said i have no problem with halal meat being served in schools if it is pre-stunned.

you have made your issues over animals still being alive during the bleeding process and now that ive just pointed out that its not exclusive to halal you see fit to invent problems ive spoke no word of having issue with.

Sorry. I am used to people taking the opposite view, most people on here are opposed to stunning. My apologies.

Archived