Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

For those of you who think eating halal is ok, perhaps you should delve into this disgusting barbaric slaughter. Animals can take up to 10 mins or even longer to die. After being mechanically turned upside down in a crate and having had their throats slit whilst fully conscious they are then hoisted onto hooks through their hind legs and left upside down to bleed to death. Oh and if the animal will not go into the crate they shove a steel rod into its rectum to make it arch it's back, so they can then get it in the crate!

For those of you who are against it, perhaps you may like to sign the on-line petition to ban religious slaughter in the uk. You will find this on the gopetition website.

Impossible :loopy::loopy::loopy:

What is impossible?

===================================

Animals can take up to 10 mins or even longer to die? after havin their throat slit?

Muslims do not pre-stun.

Well you better go tell Kentucky Fried Chicken that, the major supermarkets who supply halal, along with Sheffield Education Authority and many other LEA's who purchase halal meat from national catering suppliers..they can't have gone to the trouble of checking it.

If muslims can turn animal slaughter for food production, why can't people treat the culling of fox's as a sport?

..nobody doubted the need for fox culling 1ofthesedays, it was the methods that they used...I doubt a fox would volunteer to be pre-stunned prior to being ripped apart by dogs ;)

Well you better go tell Kentucky Fried Chicken that, the major supermarkets who supply halal, along with Sheffield Education Authority and many other LEA's who purchase halal meat from national catering suppliers..they can't have gone to the trouble of checking it.

I don't think they have checked, or they have been misled, or halal is being defined in a different way. Perhaps there is a political element in all of this?

Personally, knowing what I know I'm more cynical and if I were you I wouldn't go shouting it from the rooftops as fact. My advice to you would be to do a "Toby."

..nobody doubted the need for fox culling 1ofthesedays, it was the methods that they used...I doubt a fox would volunteer to be pre-stunned prior to being ripped apart by dogs ;)

Does a cow volunteer? It fights for its life like mad and he makes a good point. Fox-hunters say death is instantaneous. Others know the truth. Don't be so gullible. :)

Thanks for the reply, i have now re-wrote it with the bit i somehow missed out :hihi:

If muslims can turn animal slaughter for food production into a religious ceremony, why can't people treat the culling of fox's as a sport?

I don't think they have checked, or they have been misled, or halal is being defined in a different way. Perhaps there is a political element in all of this?
Of course they've checked it, it would be commercial suicide to state a product that enters the food chain has been prepared in a particular way if it hasn't. I'm particularly thinking of the sensitivities of people who might not eat halal meat otherwise, there would be more law suits from them than the parson could preach about if it turned out meat wasn't pre-stunned as stated.

What kind of political influence do you suspect could be at play?

Personally, knowing what I know I'm more cynical and if I were you I wouldn't go shouting it from the rooftops as fact. My advice to you would be to do a "Toby."

..but equally you're presenting the fact Muslims don't pre-stun meat 'as fact', even though the indications are to the contrary.

Of course they've checked it, it would be commercial suicide to state a product that enters the food chain has been prepared in a particular way if it hasn't. I'm particularly thinking of the sensitivities of people who might not eat halal meat otherwise, there would be more law suits from them than the parson could preach about if it turned out meat wasn't pre-stunned as stated.

What kind of political influence do you suspect could be at play?

..but equally you're presenting the fact Muslims don't pre-stun meat 'as fact, even though the indications are to the contrary.

You are sounding very prejudiced, much like a Muslim.

Archived