Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

Perhaps not every single day, but i'l bet that millions of Brits have fish and chips at least once or twice a week.

I'm sure that quite a few people follow the Roman Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Fridays and have fish and chips instead, but I doubt that millions eat it once or twice a week.

There is a list here of certified suppliers of halal meat.

http://www.halalmc.co.uk/resources/issue_stunning.html

KFC are not on.

..why should they be, they're not a supplier of halal meat, they're a purchaser.

This from their website:

9. Is KFC's Halal chicken stunned before slaughter?

Yes, due to our strict animal welfare standards, we insist that all our poultry is stunned before slaughter. Our Halal chicken has been accredited by the Halal Food Authority, one of the most widely recognised bodies in the UK and overseas. It allows the use of a technique called 'stun-to-stun' - a pain free process that makes the animal insensible to pain and suffering. A verse is also recited from the Koran at the point of slaughter by an appropriate person and the poultry will not come into contact with non-Halal meat at any point in the supply chain.

Their meat is certified by the Halal Food Authority, not the HMC.

Islam does NOT allow pre-stunning.

When are you going to stop it.

In an ideal world (for them) it doesn't but in this world they have to pre-stun to sell into the organisations I've outlined, I also mentioned a conversation I had with a halal wholesale butcher some time ago, who confirmed to me why they have to pre-stun for certain customers-he didn't go into detail but they probably use a device similar to the one mentioned on the Halal Food Authority website :

http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/definitionhalal.html

I'm not under any delusion that there isn't non-stunned halal meat in circulation, in fact the majority probably isn't-you and I have probably eaten it inadvertently in Indian restaurants, but the thrust of this thread, is that school children are being forced to eat it, which might not be the case if it's pre-stunned, as many school caterers insist on it.

I'm sure that quite a few people follow the Roman Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Fridays and have fish and chips instead, but I doubt that millions eat it once or twice a week.

Nobody can afford it anymore :(

Do some research and you will see it is true!

To be honest does it really matter how long it takes the animal to die? An animal with a cut throat would be unconscious instantly, the point is that it should have been stunned to reduce the trauma of being slaughtered in the first place.

Archived