Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

No it isnt pandering to a minority group, since there are no restrictions on whether we can eat pre stunned halal meat or not, so halal meat panders to the majority, although I agree that it should be properly labelled.
Sometimes I find your posts to be reasonable and worth consideration.

Your comment above just shoots your credibility to pieces.

Could you explain why?
Because the majority of the population are not Muslim and have no desire or inclination to consume Halal meat.

Indeed, many specifically do not want to take Halal meat because they feel it is an alien and unwelcome culture being thrust upon them.

.... but you describe it as pandering to the majority!!!

Because the majority of the population are not Muslim and have no desire or inclination to consume Halal meat.

Indeed, many specifically do not want to take Halal meat because they feel it is an alien and unwelcome culture being thrust upon them.

The halal meat you or I are likely to eat is no different from conventional meat in terms of being pre-stunned prior to slaughter, it tastes the same and halal cows dont have 3 eyes and six legs!

.... but you describe it as pandering to the majority!!!

I used 'pandering' because you did. It's been said already here but it's nothing to do with pandering, it's about commercial decisions that meat wholesalers make. The 'majority' can eat pre-stunned halal meat as it's no different to conventional meat, so to get Muslims to spend their money on their products they slaughter it in the halal way..it's a simpler choice isn't it and one that generates additional revenue.

My only reservations are that the labelling isn't clear so people can make an informed choice as they would when buying organic or free range meat.

The 'majority' can eat pre-stunned halal meat as it's no different to conventional meat, .
But that doesn't justify the majority being effectively forced to buy Halal meat when they don't want it.

Muslims 'can' eat non-Halal meat. It won't poison them. Perhaps somebody should tell them that conventional meat doesn't come from cows with six legs and three eyes either. It might help them understand the modern world instead of trying to live their lives according to the texts of a very old fantasy novel and the imagined guidance of a fictional deity.

so to get Muslims to spend their money on their products they slaughter it in the halal way..it's a simpler choice isn't it and one that generates additional revenue.
But loses them custom from the many people who are of the opinion that if Muslims want to buy Halal meat, they are welcome to do their shopping in Karachi or Riyadh.

But that doesn't justify the majority being effectively forced to buy Halal meat when they don't want it.

Muslims 'can' eat non-Halal meat. It won't poison them. Perhaps somebody should tell them that conventional meat doesn't come from cows with six legs and three eyes either. It might help them understand the modern world instead of trying to live their lives according to the texts of a very old fantasy novel and the imagined guidance of a fictional deity.

But loses them custom from the many people who are of the opinion that if Muslims want to buy Halal meat, they are welcome to do their shopping in Karachi or Riyadh.

thats correct, Muslims CAN eat non Halal meat if no Halal meat is available.

a friend who i muslim confirmed this for me

How do you know they don't want it? Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Rogan Josh didn't become the nation's favourite takeaways by people not eating.

Personally I don't feel the need to demonstrate my disdain for a particular religion by dictating the choices they should make which have no negative outcomes for me. It's a selfish and childish outlook, why would anyone want to complain about behaviour that's important to some people, but of no consequence to them.

If ever Muslims want to slaughter animals by kicking them to death then I'll have something to say about it.

I bet you a million quid that most BNP members fill their faces with beer and a curry on Friday nights, most couldn't give a monkey's about animal welfare, slaughter methods or what goes into their biriani.

Archived