Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

I have no leg to stand on here as Im a meat eater. I say this as one earlier post mentioned the opinion that its all cruel, that kinda makes sense really so excuse my hypocrisy.

My point is..........religion again stamps its authority on society and demands special treatment, and what for is totally beyond me???

"This practice must be followed and observed"....

"But why, what purpose does it serve?"

"It doesnt matter what purpose it serves, its what we do"

"But, do we have to?"

"Yes we do!!"

"Cant we change that bit?"

"No we cant!! Maybe your moving away from God with such remarks?"

"No, I just, erm, but, it just makes sense to maybe change it a little?"

"NO!! And stop asking just accept, dont question, dont think for yourself just carry on doing what we were doing 2000 years ago, progress is ungodly!!!"

Heres a great idea, wait for it.......you live in Britain, you do things things the British way! hows that?

lol go to harrow you will soon find out the British way is the multicultural way. Harrow has got things absolutely right and not just with this but with community cohesion in general showing that multi culturalism does work its a shame bigots in many other parts of the country have to ruin things.

lol go to harrow you will soon find out the British way is the multicultural way. Harrow has got things absolutely right and not just with this but with community cohesion in general showing that multi culturalism does work its a shame bigots in many other parts of the country have to ruin things.

I would resist the desire to tell us how we think. It is our country and muslim aliens telling us how to think is not apprecieated.

I would resist the desire to tell us how we think. It is our country and muslim aliens telling us how to think is not apprecieated.

How do you know he or she isn't a white English person in the his country who follows the Islamic religion?

Islam is a religion not a race of people.

How do you know he or she isn't a white English person in the his country who follows the Islamic religion?

Islam is a religion not a race of people.

I just checked with the Queen, defender of the Faith, and it appears we are not a keeping women in bags nation, Christianity is our faith. So a muslim would be an alien. A tolerated one of course, provided they refrain from blowing themsleves up but an alien non the less.

I just checked with the Queen, defender of the Faith, and it appears we are not a keeping women in bags nation, Christianity is our faith. So a muslim would be an alien. A tolerated one of course, provided they refrain from blowing themsleves up but an alien non the less.

I really hope you're not speaking on my behalf.

I detest you using the 'C' word for me! I am NOT Christian. I was never Christened, I have no faith and I am repulsed at being called Christian. So please do not say that I am in part of a 'Christian country' as the thought makes me feel ill.

I really hope you're not speaking on my behalf.

I detest you using the 'C' word for me! I am NOT Christian. I was never Christened, I have no faith and I am repulsed at being called Christian. So please do not say that I am in part of a 'Christian country' as the thought makes me feel ill.

You can convert to worshipping cows or whatever and not get killed for that, unlike in muslamic countries where you get stones thrown at your tits till death but the default is Christianity.

ok so i have read through all the posts on this thread but it's left me a little confused to what actually makes halal meat halal?

i get that there is different ways of slaughtering the animal and the blood gets drained but is that is?

is a halal animal fed on the same as a non halal animal?

are they slaughtered at the same age?

do they come from different breeding lines?

and before anyone has a moan at me for quizing things well i'd rather be educated on the matter than live in ignorance.

i have eaten halal meat from takeaways before and to be honest couldn't tell a difference and given i have eated it i obviously have no problem with doing so.

my only concern with schools choosing to use only halal meat would be if it cost more to supply as they have a budget to keep within and if they have increased there meat spending they must of decreaded the spending on other ingredients such as fruit and veg. that being said if the halal meat is being supplied at a price match for the standard meat i really don't get why there would be a problem.

There is absolutely no difference at all in taste so on that ground there is no reason to object.

Sorry Toby but that's a somewhat superficial argument. Using that logic (the lack of difference in taste) invalidates the need for ritual killing in the first place.

Except that it's all a bit more complicated than that.

Archived