Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

You shouldn't mislead people like that.

There is a video here, the first few seconds show the English way which is instantaneous, then it shows the Islamic way. There is a lot of blood and if you are squeamish I suggest you don't watch it.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96873

What makes you think the clip is from English slaughterhouses? And as you know, 90% of halal livestock in the UK is pre-stunned prior to slaughter.

You shouldn't call people a barmpot PT and I do know what I am talking about. You need reporting for insulting me by calling me an ignoramus and a barmpot.

Pot, kettle, black, grahame? As I said, when you know what you're talking about....

Anyway, if the video only shows the first few seconds of the "English" way, then of course the Islamic one will be more bloody, as the English slaughter won't have got to the "Sticking" of the animal.

You are a barmpot.

You shouldn't call people a barmpot PT and I do know what I am talking about. You need reporting for insulting me by calling me an ignoramus and a barmpot.

ahh i see everyone has resorted back to being 5 year olds calling names and sniping at each other. :huh:

They're not referring to halal meat that's been pre-stunned though.

Pre-stunned is fine if it is consumed by those who require their diet to be either Halal or Kosher.

The problem is the rest of us who do not subscribe to either of these religions being forced to each these meats by way of appeasing a minority.

If Halal is no different why do Muslims need to eat it? If its not a problem for us to eat Halal, why do Muslims refuse to eat Kosher?

You shouldn't mislead people like that.

There is a video here, the first few seconds show the English way which is instantaneous, then it shows the Islamic way. There is a lot of blood and if you are squeamish I suggest you don't watch it.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96873

Unless anatomy and physiology has changed from when I was at university, but consciousness is lost after merely seconds if the brain is starved of blood.

Pre-stunned is fine if it is consumed by those who require their diet to be either Halal or Kosher.

The problem is the rest of us who do not subscribe to either of these religions being forced to each these meats by way of appeasing a minority.

If Halal is no different why do Muslims need to eat it? If its not a problem for us to eat Halal, why do Muslims refuse to eat Kosher?

Pre-stunning is horrible. It gives the animal a terrible electric shock, but often fails to make them unconscious.

If you combine both methods, pre-stunning and then bleeding to death you end up with horrible torture.

Again, please be warned the video is distressing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV0aeeos0sY&feature=related

But we're not forced to eat it, since we have a choice, the only thing that might get in the way of that choice is if the meat isn't clearly labelled.

..because it's had some mumbo jumbo ranted over it and if pre stunned, done in such a way that the stunning doesn't induce death. Neither of those requirements affects the quality of the meat and therefore the food I enjoy eating, that's why it makes no difference.

Archived