Toby Foster and Harrow Halal meat

Pre-stunning is horrible. It gives the animal a terrible electric shock, but often fails to make them unconscious.

If you combine both methods, pre-stunning and then bleeding to death you end up with horrible torture.

Again, please be warned the video is distressing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV0aeeos0sY&feature=related

..what do you think the captive bolt method of pre stunning does-give the animal a migraine?

And as has been pointed out previously, the animal is 'bled' with both methods of slaughter.

But we're not forced to eat it, since we have a choice, the only thing that might get in the way of that choice is if the meat isn't clearly labelled.

..because it's had some mumbo jumbo ranted over it and if pre stunned, done in such a way that the stunning doesn't induce death. Neither of those requirements affects the quality of the meat and therefore the food I enjoy eating, that's why it makes no difference.

It looks as though we are eating halal unaware. It is in a lot of supermarkets.

"Currently Domino's, Subway, Costa, TESCO, Sainsbury's, M&S, Waitrose, Costa, Morrisons, Asda, Wembley Stadium, BA, and many many others are sneaking Halal into our food supply. If you don't think you should be bothered by this watch this video. 70% of New Zealand Lamb is Halal, and Domino's has been all Halal for 10 years."

I looked specifically for the "mumbo jumbo" and never saw it. Is this another lie?

It looks as though we are eating halal unaware. It is in a lot of supermarkets.

"Currently Domino's, Subway, Costa, TESCO, Sainsbury's, M&S, Waitrose, Costa, Morrisons, Asda, Wembley Stadium, BA, and many many others are sneaking Halal into our food supply. If you don't think you should be bothered by this watch this video. 70% of New Zealand Lamb is Halal, and Domino's has been all Halal for 10 years."

Of course it's in a lot of supermarkets, they have a lot of Muslim customers. Wherever I've seen halal meat in supermarkets (Asda), it's been clearly labelled as such and sited with the rest of their ethnic offerings

I looked specifically for the "mumbo jumbo" and never saw it. Is this another lie?

Another lie? You're a little bold with your sensational and offensive statements.

Part of the halal process is the slaughter man reciting some religious verse over the animal-ie mumbo jumbo.

..what do you think the captive bolt method of pre stunning does-give the animal a migraine?

And as has been pointed out previously, the animal is 'bled' with both methods of slaughter.

The captive bolt kills the animal instantly and painlessly. This is what should happen in all slaughterhouses. Unfortunately it doesn't and I am surprised at you for defending the halal method.

The captive bolt kills the animal instantly and painlessly. This is what should happen in all slaughterhouses. Unfortunately it doesn't and I am surprised at you for defending the halal method.

JESUS! Are you still going on about this?

Exactly how is it affecting you? Get back to living the hypocritical Christian life and leave the free thinkers to their free thinking.

Archived