A feminist's nightmare

Unbelievable story from The Guardian, regarding the woman who was sentenced to death by stoning.

"The answer is quite simple, it's because I'm a woman, it's because they think they can do anything to women in this country. It's because for them adultery is worse than murder – but not all kinds of adultery: an adulterous man might not even be imprisoned but an adulterous women is the end of the world for them. It's because I'm in a country where its women do not have the right to divorce their husbands and are deprived of their basic rights."

The next quote would be quite funny if it wasn't so disturbing . . .

Mohammadi Ashtiani also revealed that at the moment the sentence was passed she did not understand the Arabic word used as the legal term for stoning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/06/sakineh-mohammadi-ashtiani-iran-interview

Just a feminist's nightmare? Wouldn't it be a nightmare for all women (and men)? :confused:

Ah, not the men because if you're a bit adulterous you're fine because GOD says so.

If you're female you'll have a better knowledge of rocks than your average geologist.

Just a feminist's nightmare? Wouldn't it be a nightmare for all women (and men)? :confused:

For all women, of course, I see your point.

For all men? I'm not so sure, otherwise you'd have seen state's fall far quicker.

(Bearing in mind coups will generally always be at the behest of a disgruntled male general or such like).

Personally, I'm pleased she's found an avenue to speak out through.

For all women, of course, I see your point.

For all men? I'm not so sure, otherwise you'd have seen state's fall far quicker.

(Bearing in mind coups will generally always be at the behest of a disgruntled male general or such like).

Personally, I'm pleased she's found an avenue to speak out through.

I added the 'men' bit to be evenhanded, because not all feminists are women, of course. And most men are not so evil and controlling as to want to kill or maim their partner because she fell out of love with him.

I just can never understand how a man's mind would work in these cases (like Moat and others). That they would rather kill their wives and children, people they professed to love, than see them move on in their lives? And yet would demand the freedom to do so themselves? :confused::huh:

Although, there's been a case this week that appears a woman has killed her children due to a custody battle. What sort of twisted love does this sort of thing? :(

I added the 'men' bit to be evenhanded, because not all feminists are women, of course. And most men are not so evil and controlling as to want to kill or maim their partner because she fell out of love with him.

I just can never understand how a man's mind would work in these cases (like Moat and others). That they would rather kill their wives and children, people they professed to love, than see them move on in their lives? And yet would demand the freedom to do so themselves? :confused::huh:

Although, there's been a case this week that appears a woman has killed her children due to a custody battle. What sort of twisted love does this sort of thing? :(

Madness has it's own language. Asking why a woman can kill her children is about as useful as trying to pull out meaning from a dogs bark.

Archived