Pubs down the Moor - help please

always used to meet my mate martin and start of in the hermatage,couple of pints of lorimers bitter,then into town for the rock bar the nelson.had some mad nghts in the barleycorn too.deafening music and good atmosphere.:thumbsup:

I used to work at TC Harrison, we went in the Lansdowne, the pub round the corner on Cemetery Road, Royal Oak. On a weekend we would start in town and drink our way down to London Road, I have to say that when the beer was off in the Hermitage it was awful.

:hihi:Hi i used to go in a pub called the Bricklayers guess that would be around 1965 at bottom of the moor before we went in the Lacarno think it was Tetleys beer

The Bricklayers had a green glazed brick exteria it was on Hereford St, part of this street is still there at the front of Decathlon and the Church that's there sits roughly where the pub was.

The pub where MFI was used to be the Boston on Boston street, you could class that as the bottom of the moor at that time

Ken Wright had the Bricklayers Arms then went to the Royal Oak at Coal Aston, Roy Marsh took over the Bricklayers Arms then went on to The Crown on London Road before retiring to Spain

Edited by 13court2

I thought the Grapes was on Trippett Lane which ran parallel with West St.

:confused:

I think the Grapes referred to was at Furnival Street/Moorhead and demolished 1958, long before my drinking time ! Yes there is a Grapes on Trippett Lane and there used to be one on Gower Street (Burngreave).