USA to start charging for travel authorization

Every country which has the "visa waiver" scheme to enter the US, will have this charge applied. That may not apply to Canada; I'm not sure how the Canada/US border is policed. It certainly applies to at least twenty other countries besides us; we are not being picked on.

US citizens do not need a visa to visit the UK. They also do not need to pay a fee for entering unlike British Citizens travelling the other way.

Hardly a fair system.

We should charge for them importing their garbage tv programs.

Looking at the state of UK TV or should I say "reality TV anything", their TV shows are more then welcome.

I cant think of many UK shows that are of the same quality. Sherlock is the only show I can think of that compares.

US citizens do not need a visa to visit the UK. They also do not need to pay a fee for entering unlike British Citizens travelling the other way.

Hardly a fair system.

How is that at all relevant to my comments? I was answering a question about which countries would be affected.

I have no idea if the UK has plans to introduce a similar scheme for foreigners coming here.

How is that at all relevant to my comments? I was answering a question about which countries would be affected.

I have no idea if the UK has plans to introduce a similar scheme for foreigners coming here.

You are bundling the UK in with all 36 countries that participate in the VISA waver program.

Andorra Hungary New Zealand

Australia Iceland Norway

Austria Ireland Portugal

Belgium Italy San Marino

Brunei Japan Singapore

Czech Republic Latvia Slovakia

Denmark Liechtenstein Slovenia

Estonia Lithuania South Korea

Finland Luxembourg Spain

France Malta Sweden

Germany Monaco Switzerland

Greece the Netherlands United Kingdom

No one does more for US interests in the EU than the UK and comparing the UK with the likes of Slovenia in terms of relationship with the US would be incorrect if you believe the words of both governments and ignore the reality.

You are bundling the UK in with all 36 countries that participate in the VISA waver program.

Precisely. We are not being picked out especially; citizens from all 36 of them will now have to pay a $14 fee.

Whether or not it's unfair is an entirely different question to the one I was answering.

US tv is pants and we all know it. I would stick $14 dollars tax on every episode of friends imported to here. ;)

In exchange for your Simon Cowell and the Beckams & many more :hihi: Oh! and Mrs Bucket along with Richard and Rosemary & Thyme, that pair that keeps hinding in people bushes :loopy:

Archived