UK Muslim Anti-Terror camp

I just read this on the BBC new site and thought it would be good to see a positive thread about Muslims who are actively trying to undo the damage done to the Muslim communities reputation by those intent on pitching themselves against the west.

Muslim group Minhaj ul-Quran runs 'anti-terrorism' camp

A Muslim group is holding what it calls the UK's first summer camp against terrorism.

The three-day event in Coventry is expected to see more than 1,000 young Muslims at sessions teaching religious arguments to use against extremists.

The event has been organised by the Minhaj ul-Quran to promote a fatwa, or religious ruling, against terrorism by its leader Dr Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri.

Dr Qadri launched the fatwa in London in March.

Ref:

Some may say, "too little, too late". I say anything is better then nothing and everything has to start somewhere.

I just read this on the BBC new site and thought it would be good to see a positive thread about Muslims who are actively trying to undo the damage done to the Muslim communities reputation by those intent on pitching themselves against the west.

Muslim group Minhaj ul-Quran runs 'anti-terrorism' camp

A Muslim group is holding what it calls the UK's first summer camp against terrorism.

The three-day event in Coventry is expected to see more than 1,000 young Muslims at sessions teaching religious arguments to use against extremists.

The event has been organised by the Minhaj ul-Quran to promote a fatwa, or religious ruling, against terrorism by its leader Dr Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri.

Dr Qadri launched the fatwa in London in March.

Ref:

Some may say, "too little, too late". I say anything is better then nothing and everything has to start somewhere.

*rubs his eyes*

serapis in posting "positive" muslim thread shocker

*rubs his eyes*

serapis in posting "positive" muslim thread shocker

I dislike all religions with unequal gustor. I see Islam as being the most problematic religion in the UK to date. I also see that some remarks made against Muslims and Islam are unfounded, while others are sound judgements in my view.

Islam has many problems and will never deal with them while some either sit on their hands while others will defend anything remotely associated with Islam.

Islam needs to take a hard look at itself and adapt to its new surroundings, otherwise it will be the cause of its own demise. I support any Muslim who is intent on not only modernising but adapting to UK culture, disregarding those aspects that contradict our way of life and building on common values.

This story is about dealing with the problems within Islam. That can only ever be a good thing.

A very good and positive step. There's been kicking about the argument that 'moderate' Muslims are too slack in tackling the views from those hijacking the religion for whatever ends. Now they are drawing a line through those arguments.

Nice post.

Archived