Loan needed urgently

not any more, it all changed a couple of years ago, it now costs more to go bankrupt (up to around £500 or so, from £300) and its actually harder to do, takes longer, and stays with you for longer...

CCCS is the way to go now...

But if you can raise the £500 fee surely it's worth it to those in thousands of pounds worth of debt?

But if you can raise the £500 fee surely it's worth it to those in thousands of pounds worth of debt?

like I said, it also takes longer, and not all applications are accepted now (before, everyone was accepted regardless) and even if your not accepted you still have to pay the £500..

as said further up the thread, go through http://www.cccs.co.uk/ - this is the recommended way now, they do a scheme that is similar to bankruptcy but doesn't go on your credit record, and only costs like £90 (Its called a DRO (Debt Relief Order) - http://www.cccs.co.uk/InfoCentre/EnglandandWales/Debtsolutions/Debtrelieforder.aspx)

its worth checking out... CAB recommend these for people too, so you'll probably just end up contacting CCCS any ways, so just skip a step.

Thanks for all of the advice. I have been living within my means (just)! but then a couple of large unexpected expenses have come along and I cant manage. I've just spoken to citizen's advice and they are going to try and help me work through the problems.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments

You will feel better just talking to someone who is on your side, and helping you.

I was on my arse in the early 80's after the last decimation, I know how you feel.;)

As much as you have said that you need the money SpaceKadet, it does sound very much like you're struggling and that a loan is not the answer. If you have no visible means of paying a loan back then there's no way that you'll get an official loan and the unofficial ones are the sort that really do the damage when you can't pay them back as planned.

I couldn't recommend the CCCS more highly than has already been done. They're impartial, they're free and they help thousands of people every year to work a way through their debt issues.

Added on to that they tell you how to deal with people who are harassing you for money and that relieves a huge amount of the stress you must be feeling right now. Just the words 'this is now being handled by the CCCS and you'll be receiving a letter from them shortly' makes everybody back away and leave you alone, meaning that you can answer the phone without having to justify your existence every time it rings.

Even if the worst really has happened and there's no way to work a way forwards through your debt they will be able to advise you on who you need to speak to, what you may be able to claim to help you live (lots of people could be claiming for tax credits or allowances that they aren't currently getting) and what steps you can be taking to make life a bit more bearable.

Trust me, more debt is not the answer, no matter what the question may be.

Good luck :)

Loving the ad at the bottom of a page about someone who is desperate because of being in a debt spiral is Bad Credit Loans No Worries, Apply Now!! :rolleyes:

To the OP, take notice of what people say about getting proper advice, the CCCS can enable you to pay a little and then get most of your debt written off.

I wish I'd known about it before, I've scrimped and gone without for several years to pay off my 'debts', most of which is just interest anyway, and now find out about it too late .... :mad:

Thanks for all of the advice. I have been living within my means (just)! but then a couple of large unexpected expenses have come along and I cant manage. I've just spoken to citizen's advice and they are going to try and help me work through the problems.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments

Good. Getting proper advice is far better than taking out loans and ending up in debt because of ridiculously high interest charges.

I know it's hard to cope on a limited budget, but have you considered joining a Credit Union? The minimum saving is only £1 a week, but you would be able to build up some "emergency money" and you would be eligible for a loan at a good rate of interest.

not any more, it all changed a couple of years ago, it now costs more to go bankrupt (up to around £500 or so, from £300) and its actually harder to do, takes longer, and stays with you for longer...

CCCS is the way to go now...

whats tap turns on the water got to do with being skint, try walking! but maybe a whole lot of love will go a long way..call alexis and keep out of the korner

Archived