Hallowe'en: The Fiery Jack Tunnel, Bridgehouses/Wicker

superCol

Who should be the next King?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next King?

• William
    • Charles
    • None - bring on the revolution

If you think that Libya or Syria are comparable to Britain why are you still here ?

well ..............er...........cos I live here having been born here and then went on to live here. That's the old 'if you don't like it leave' argumnet and it's weak, in my opinion, you could equally say 'if you want AV the bugger off to australia or papua new guineau'

in fact i might go to papua new guineau only I don't know where it is.

I still think democracy is a very good idea indeed - i'm all for it.

About as weak as comparing Britain to Libya or Syria :roll:

I'm not saying that UK = libya/syria, I'm saying that the UK is claiming to be promoting DEMOCRACY in other countries and that that includes the right of the people to choose their head of state.

I support that in Libya as much as I support it in Britain - I have no respect for the 'windsors' (saxe coburg gothas), there isn't a single one of them I'd sit and have brew with, others think they're splendid folk who are just right to represent this fair land, as harry hill says -

FFFIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!!

(or 'election' as its called in democratic countries)

PS can I have a knighthood - sir frank ryan has a ring to it.

Utter nonsense. She looks no worse than most people and if we didn't like people because of the way they look most people would have no friends at all.

People probably don't like you because you talk like a fool, but we have to suffer it, because even fools are apparently entitled to their 'free speech'. :rolleyes:

Charles cannot 'step aside', being King is not an optional career choice and William deserves to have a few carefree years as a young married before the cares of State descend on his head, wouldn't you say?

The modern cult of glorifimg looks confirms that Abe Lincoln could never have been elected if he had campaigned today.

Prince William next King? Give him a break - I just wouldn't wish that on him till he's at least in his forties
Well, if the Queen lives as long as her mother (101) he'll be 45 when his dad belatedly becomes king at the age of 79..:?

• 3 months later...

Me & friends always played inside & around Fiery Jacks tunnel in the 80's, & we had heard similar stories, the st once called 'railway street' ran from Brunswick, past Fiery Jacks & came out & rock st, facing Pye bank rd. surrounded by back to back housing, i still pass from time to time... I have some pics but not sure how to post :huh:

Me & friends always played in and around Fiery Jacks in the 80's & heard similar stories, the st once called 'Railway Street' ran from Brunswick, along side Jacks & out at Rock St, facing Pye Bank Rd. I have some recent pics of the tunnel, someone advise me how to post em pls!

Hi RoganSheff - welcome to the Forum!.:)

...the st once called 'railway street' ran from Brunswick, past Fiery Jacks & came out & rock st, facing Pye bank rd. e... I have some pics but not sure how to post
Yep - here's a map: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/Maps/RailwaySt.jpg
.... I have some pics but not sure how to post
You could upload them to an image hosting site such as Photobucket and then give links, as I did with the map.

Archived