Hallowe'en: The Fiery Jack Tunnel, Bridgehouses/Wicker

superCol

Who should be the next King?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next King?

• William
    • Charles
    • None - bring on the revolution

but those were prime ministers, don't you know the difference?

Yes, I do know the difference.

The point I was trying to make was that it would be more than likely that they would be elected as President and what a shower they are (politicians in general that is).

I said I'm embarrassed to live in a country with a monarchy, not that I wish any harm to them.

I actually look at it completely the opposite way.

I'm embarrassed to live in a country where people have forgotten simple manners, kids walk the streets carrying knives and the police are more interested in actions of people defending their own property as opposed to the people committing the crimes.

However yesterday reminded me about many of the great things in this country. The fantastic architecture of some of our buildings and a superb ceremonial occasion.....No other country does that as well as we do it and that's why billions will have been watching around the world.

For a few hours yesterday I once more felt proud to be British.

Regards

Doom

People don't like Camilla because she's grotesquely ugly.
Utter nonsense. She looks no worse than most people and if we didn't like people because of the way they look most people would have no friends at all.

People probably don't like you because you talk like a fool, but we have to suffer it, because even fools are apparently entitled to their 'free speech'. :rolleyes:

Charles cannot 'step aside', being King is not an optional career choice and William deserves to have a few carefree years as a young married before the cares of State descend on his head, wouldn't you say?

Utter nonsense. She looks no worse than most people and if we didn't like people because of the way they look most people would have no friends at all.

People probably don't like you because you talk like a fool, but we have to suffer it, because even fools are apparently entitled to their 'free speech'. :rolleyes:

Charles cannot 'step aside', being King is not an optional career choice and William deserves to have a few carefree years as a young married before the cares of State descend on his head, wouldn't you say?

Is or was he a serial adulterer, talks to trees, wants to be her tampax, says as lot about him.

What model did you have in mind?

If Head of State is to remain a largely ceremonial role, why change who fills it?

because it's called 'democracy' - it's the new thing- everybody's talking about it, there's outrage in libya that gaddafi isn't shiftable and intends to pass the role of head of state on to his eldest son (sound familiar?), or Syria for instance - democracy is where the head of state is chosen by the people, we aren't a democracy , we're a constitutional monarchy.

If Charlie stood for election (or elizabeth for that matter) who the hell would vote for them?

because it's called 'democracy' - it's the new thing- everybody's talking about it, there's outrage in libya that gaddafi isn't shiftable and intends to pass the role of head of state on to his eldest son (sound familiar?), or Syria for instance -

If you think that Libya or Syria are comparable to Britain why are you still here ?

Archived