Rug doctor carpet cleaner

We rented one from Tesco at Abbeydale Road yesterday. The machine costs £19.99 for 24 hours and a litre of detergent costs £9.99. Bottle says it covers two rooms but I think that's something of an overstatement, unless both the rooms happen to be broomcupboards!

It's certainly brightened up the carpets and it's easy to use. It's dried out quickly too. Not sure it'd shift very heavy soiling or extreme stinkiness though.

What sized carpet do you want to clean? The whole living space or just individual carpets? If it is only an individual one, I would throw it out and get one of these washable floor mats. Much more convenient. You just throw the mat into the washing machine and clean it is. My cousin has a strong allergy against all sorts of chemicals and this appeared to be a really good solution. Can definately recommend.

We rented one from Morissons in Hillsbrough the other weekend. It was excellent!

I think the prices are standardised so it doesn't matter where you go to get it they are the same price, so just go somewhere convenient to you.

The rug doctor website has a list of the stores where you can get them, costs, instructions etc.

Main problem is you do have to do every inch of your carpet because even the bits you think are clean will come up way cleaner!

Nice name btw, I have a lurcher (also the reason for hiring the rug doctor hahaha!)

• 1 month later...

We offer a carpet cleaning service that's very cost effective and works out about the same as you're paying now....We currently have a Seasonal promo, on the run up to Christmas - which makes it a good time to get your carpets cleaned.

Give me a call and I'll get a quote sorted for your with immediate effect.

Robert Taylor - 0114 345 1003

• 2 weeks later...

Archived