Diets tried and tested?? Need to lose a stone asap!!

This isn't for everyone, but I lost weight by keeping a record of everything I ate and drank each day and calculated all the calories. That's every biscuit, sweet, slice of toast, glass of orange juice etc etc. I would even weigh the milk and sugar I used in a cup of tea (for me, around 50 calories). There are some good sites that give you the calorie content of anything and everything, such as http://caloriecount.about.com/. I made sure I never have more than 1500 calories a day. I'm a bloke, so this was 1000 calories less than I needed to maintain my weight.

1000 calories per day = 7000 calories per week. And a pound of fat is 3500 calories, so I should have lost around two pounds a week. And that's exactly what I lost. There are seven weeks until October, so that would be a loss for you of one stone!

You would need to work out how many calories you need each day (this is a good site http://www.shapefit.com/dailycalorie-calc.html). As a woman this will probably be about 2000, so you would need to take it down to around 1000 a day to lose weight at the same rate. That actually sounds a bit low to me (but I'm no expert...). Perhaps 1200 calories a day, and walk two or three miles would be better.

It sounds like a bit of faff I know, but I'm a bit of a geek and like the scientific approach! If you're strict and honest with yourself the weight loss is guaranteed.

Blimey! If every cup of tea was 50 calories then it's easy to see where the calories have mounted up. Half a dozen cups a day could screw up any diet and push you from a gentle slow loss into no loss at all. I'm so used to tea containing 0 calories (black, no sugar) that I'd quite forgotten that others drink lots of sugar in this way.

Blimey! If every cup of tea was 50 calories then it's easy to see where the calories have mounted up. Half a dozen cups a day could screw up any diet and push you from a gentle slow loss into no loss at all. I'm so used to tea containing 0 calories (black, no sugar) that I'd quite forgotten that others drink lots of sugar in this way.

It's surprising isn't it! 5 cups of tea for me = a mars bar!! And that's only with one sugar and milk. You can imagine people drinking more cups of tea when dieting because they're hungry, without realising that they're undoing all the hard work.

Have to say though that I ended up taking the whole calorie counting thing a bit far in the end. I found it very difficult to stop even when I was at my target weight and back to eating a normal diet. I'd get a bit stressed if I had a meal out because I couldn't accurately gauge the calories!! I think I got a a bit of an insight into what it must be like to have an eating disorder.

So, in short, ignore my dangerous advice!!

hello i'm wondering if anyone can recommend any diets.

i am a mother of two and dont really have the time to exercise apart from walking. My youngest has just turned 6months so i know this is the right time to start. I have an upcoming christening so want to lose weight for that. I just want to lose a stone and have tried dieting by cutting my carbs and that worked but at the minute i need my energy

Any recommendations thanks

You should pm me :D i will get you results! putting this plan together will cost a small fee and will require some of your time to make sure you understand everything.

It's surprising isn't it! 5 cups of tea for me = a mars bar!! And that's only with one sugar and milk. You can imagine people drinking more cups of tea when dieting because they're hungry, without realising that they're undoing all the hard work.

Have to say though that I ended up taking the whole calorie counting thing a bit far in the end. I found it very difficult to stop even when I was at my target weight and back to eating a normal diet. I'd get a bit stressed if I had a meal out because I couldn't accurately gauge the calories!! I think I got a a bit of an insight into what it must be like to have an eating disorder.

So, in short, ignore my dangerous advice!!

Very true, plus people think ur from another planet when u ask for meals without certain things in them.

Me: Tuna on brown with no mayo or butter please.

Assistant: Blank stare.

i am a mother of two and dont really have the time to exercise apart from walking. My youngest has just turned 6months so i know this is the right time to start. I have an upcoming christening so want to lose weight for that. I just want to lose a stone and have tried dieting by cutting my carbs and that worked but at the minute i need my energy

You want to lose weight for a christening? So christenings are all about looking good are they? people thesedays making a mokery out of religion!

You don't have time to exercise apart from walking? That doesn't make sense.

You want to lose weight for a christening? So christenings are all about looking good are they? people thesedays making a mokery out of religion!

I went to a wedding the other day and the priest pulled out a super soaker water pistol.......

The Kick start is probably the most popular in Australia and has been for a number of years.

At risk of sounding harsh, what will happen after the Christening? Are you happy to put it all back on? Crash and fad diets are pointless. Weight management is about a change of lifestlye, not a temprary aesthetic measure. There is too much emphasis in this country on being thin but not healthy.

What time and finance can you realistically devote to exercise?

Archived