Help need to entertaine two londoners

pepperkin

What?? With all the single Northern 'beefcakes',you had to marry a Southern 'fairy cake'!!!:nono:

I hope the counselling is working!:hihi:

having moved up here over a year ago, i'm not sure about the beefcakes? do you not mean lardycakes? ;)

Na if i did that they would only talk about how long it takes to get anywhere and how to avoid al the traffice etc etc. Why do londoners always talk about how to get from a to b and variuos routes you can take!!!

Well supose i have no-one eles but mey self to blame. I did marry a southerner!:roll:

Me to. I think it was a penance for previous mistakes.:hihi: I took my OH up to Sheffield at Easter. We went to Castleton where I introduced him to a proper fishcake. Also bought a day rover ticket and rode around on the supertram. I showed him the big wheel on Fargate and the peace gardens (so different from when I lived in the city) and the nearby winter gardens. We'll be back in Sheffield for the August bank holiday weekend and thinking about going to Chatsworth and around that area.

having moved up here over a year ago, i'm not sure about the beefcakes? do you not mean lardycakes? ;)

Listen......you southern fairies,you may have your six-packs,but we have our twelve-packs!!!!:hihi:

I think its the different foods e.g jellied eels?-no chance!!! Sushi? Should have batter on and deep fried!! Nouvelle cuisine? Wouldn't fill my sons hamster!!!

Fish n chips-mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Bangers n mash-mmmmmmmmmmm!

Roast beef n YORKSHIRE pudding-mmmmmmmmmm!

Getting the picture??:hihi:

We went to Castleton where I introduced him to a proper fishcake. We'll be back in Sheffield for the August bank holiday weekend and thinking about going to Chatsworth and around that area.

my OH goes on about this type of sausage you get down south that is in a red skin you get from the chippy some thing like a savaloy. he had no idea what a proper fish cake was either.

Chatsworth might be an idea. But there's either the garden or the house i'm not sure how they would take it. They think that bracknell is the countryside.

Listen......you southern fairies,you may have your six-packs,but we have our twelve-packs!!!!:hihi:

I think its the different foods e.g jellied eels?-no chance!!! Sushi? Should have batter on and deep fried!! Nouvelle cuisine? Wouldn't fill my sons hamster!!!

nothing like a good bit of dripping on ya bread

There's more southern jessies with party seven barrels than six-packs.:hihi:

There's more southern jessies with party seven barrels than six-packs.:hihi:

hehe, i've got the best part of a cask building up.

arty / touristy things i have enjoyed in sheffield:

botanical gardens, twinned with a trip to the weston park museum makes for a good half day - especially if you stop for lunch round there - the curators house and loch fine make for a good bite.

see if there are any good events / unusual films on at the showroom - it's one of the biggest cinemas of its kind in the whole of uk - there aren't even really that many decent indie cinimas in central london.

rother valley country park for a walk if heading into the peaks is out of the question / public transport being used.

heeley city farm is good for a browse, as of course are all the millenium galleries (was surprised at how good the cutlery one was, having not been in until recently) and don't forget about the graves gallery opposite, maybe followed by a trip on the wheel.

further out, the yorkshire sculpture garden is a good way to spend a few hours.

have a look on the eventsheffield website at a push. or send them to meadowhall.

at risk of being a pedant AND a fairy, lots of sushi has deep fried tempura vegatables in it, wrapped in rice and nori paper... :D

and having given yours a go, i prefer our fishcakes... :D :D

at risk of being a pedant AND a fairy, lots of sushi has deep fried tempura vegatables in it, wrapped in rice and nori paper... :D

and having given yours a go, i prefer our fishcakes... :D :D

Where have you tried proper Sheffield fishcakes moke? When you say your fishcakes do you mean those breadcrumbed mashed fish/potato things I call rissoles?

my OH goes on about this type of sausage you get down south that is in a red skin you get from the chippy some thing like a savaloy. he had no idea what a proper fish cake was either.

Chatsworth might be an idea. But there's either the garden or the house i'm not sure how they would take it. They think that bracknell is the countryside.

Kelham Island museum is worth a visit, just to see the Don Engine!

Archived