What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

why does he have to be a troll?

I agree with a few people in this thread. I too have often wondered what was created from 'nothing' but what was this nothing.

I also agree that we will never know due to the human mind not being able to understand it.

Having no scientific or mathematical background I find it hard to understand the concept of something so small (virtual atoms, was it) that can create something so big, but if something had to exist I prefer the theory that we, as the human race, are unable to understand it fully.

I think :hihi:

my head hurts now but an interesting topic, so lets leave the personal insults out and get back to the mass debate...

gold stars aren't really possible, fusion stops at iron so you'd need several supernovae to make enough gold for a stellar mass and even then it wouldn't ignite but if it's big enough it would cheerfully collapse under it's own weight

slowly edging back to topic ;)

Archived