What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

Yes, because I'm questioning the popular theory.. do you not realise that?

If we replace 'big bang' with 'unexplained beginning of existence as we understand it', does it now make less sense to claim that something existed before existence started?

If we replace 'big bang' with 'unexplained beginning of existence as we understand it', does it now make less sense to claim that something existed before existence started?
It wouldn't matter what name it went by, it's theory itself that doesn't make sense... well, to me anyway, I can't speak for the intelligent people.

Correct, no time and no space.

The problem we have is our monkey brains trying to form an image of a big bang. It looks like something from a hollywood set. And obviously explosions require 3 dimensions to exist to explode into... That's the problem, it wasn't an explosion, and it wasn't a little (but really powerful) bomb like thing sat in a large empty space. Space didn't exist for it to sit in.

We don't really get it, we can't really get it, because we're inside the result of it. We're like stick figures on a page trying to figure out the origin of paper.

This is a lovely answer, Cyclone!

This is a delicious thread and despite the usual smart-alec one line wonders, some of the ideas on here are fascinating.

I know nothing about Physics beyond a GCSE education but I think that the universe was spawned from the material of a massive Blackhole in an adjoining universe that having collected super amounts of mass had nowhere else to go but to burst into a new dimension. I think we are inside a fractal.

Archived