What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

I think that the universe was spawned from the material of a massive Blackhole in an adjoining universe that having collected super amounts of mass had nowhere else to go but to burst into a new dimension. I think we are inside a fractal.

Why?

It wouldn't matter what name it went by, it's theory itself that doesn't make sense... well, to me anyway, I can't speak for the intelligent people.

The intelligent people agree that it doesn't make sense; however, it is still true, and the Universe is not required to make sense to human beings. It is not accountable to us.

Quantum mechanics is another fine example of something that doesn't make sense - not even a tiny little bit - but is nevertheless accurate.

I know nothing about Physics beyond a GCSE education but I think that the universe was spawned from the material of a massive Blackhole in an adjoining universe that having collected super amounts of mass had nowhere else to go but to burst into a new dimension. I think we are inside a fractal.

Assuming that this idea is correct, it still would not explain the origin of creation. You've only moved the question backwards and increased the size of it, because now we don't know where the adjoining universe came from.

The intelligent people agree that it doesn't make sense; however, it is still true, and the Universe is not required to make sense to human beings. It is not accountable to us.

Quantum mechanics is another fine example of something that doesn't make sense - not even a tiny little bit - but is nevertheless accurate.

"Intelligent" people do not make sense to me so I must be a genius by your reckoning.:D

I know nothing about Physics beyond a GCSE education but I think that the universe was spawned from the material of a massive Blackhole in an adjoining universe that having collected super amounts of mass had nowhere else to go but to burst into a new dimension. I think we are inside a fractal.

Our universe is within the gravity well of a black hole stemming from another universe!

Funily enough that was postulated on an episode of Carl Sagans "Cosmos" that I saw again recently :) You gotta love the way he says "billions"...............

Why?

The main problem with asking "why?" is that it only applies to our past and present, whereas quandaries such as these, can only apply to our future. And if the last 100 years have taught us anything, it's that there's no harm in thinking outside of the box.

Assuming that this idea is correct, it still would not explain the origin of creation. You've only moved the question backwards and increased the size of it...

"backwards" is such a human concept*. A fractal is eternity. I.E it looks the same no matter how much you zoom in and it looks the same no matter how much you zoom out!

Just a human thought! don't worry, I know it must be more complicated tan staring at a fern ( a fern is a fractal -- look closely) !

* totally enjoying the discussion and not trolling! In full knowledge that none of us can answer this thread.

Mathematically accurate, which is like an unknown smell being described.. it's hard to put into words, because it can't be compared.

Archived