What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

Great- you're aware that your claim makes no sense :)

Why didn't you say that 10 pages back and saved me the work of explaining and re-explaining the same argument 5 times??

Still, at least you've accepted that the notion of a space requiring a further space to exist in, or to 'expand into' makes no sense.

If you now want to maintain that the only other possible alternative, that space can exist without being in another space, is also nonsense, then you'll need to put forward a decent argument showing that.

I wait with bated breathe :)

Firstly, I never said my claim did make sense, you're the one claiming that.

Secondly, what makes you so sure there's only one other alternative?.. there could be ten trillion alternatives. It strikes me that you share the same arrogant, matter of fact attitude that scientists do.. are you a scientist?

That seems a strange thing to say.

Are you suggesting the universe is here for a reason?

(Note to Deavon ... this is not a so-called smart-alec one-liner ... I am asking Artisan to expand on his postulation ... hope that's ok with you)

Of course it is.

The Universe is made, at present, of millions of Galaxies, each containing billions of Stars.

It came from nothing, that is absolutely nothing, 15 billion years ago, from no space and time, or anything.

It is now expanding, creating space as it moves, at a stupendous rate.

Matter and energy being created from nothing, as the front moves along.

Are you suggesting that this is for no reason?

Dont ask me to explain it.

I am a mere by product of chemical reactions millions of years ago on a small planet, as we all are.

Whoever is running this show, knows what they are at, and you can rest assured that mankind doesnt enter into the frame.;)

I'm aware of red shift(blue-red spectrum) I believe it's the visual equivalent of the doppler effect.

Furthermore, my reason for saying they "appear" to be moving away from us was intentional, I was referring to what I believe to be the cause, because I don't know for sure, it's only what I've been led to believe, I was referring to it has someone else's theory, so don't make the mistake of thinking I'm completely docile.

Ok... Well done for looking up "Red Shift". Now look up "docile".

Anyhow, do you think red shift would still be present if it were galaxies that were imploding?

No.

Firstly, I never said my claim did make sense, you're the one claiming that.

Secondly, what makes you so sure there's only one other alternative?.. there could be ten trillion alternatives. It strikes me that you share the same arrogant, matter of fact attitude that scientists do.. are you a scientist?

AAAAAH!

Because it either needs space to expand into, or it doesn't! What other alternatives are there?

Of course it is.

The Universe is made, at present, of millions of Galaxies, each containing billions of Stars.

It came from nothing, that is absolutely nothing, 15 billion years ago, from no space and time, or anything.

It is now expanding, creating space as it moves, at a stupendous rate.

Matter and energy being created from nothing, as the front moves along.

Are you suggesting that this is for no reason?

Dont ask me to explain it.

I am a mere by product of chemical reactions millions of years ago on a small planet, as we all are.

Whoever is running this show, knows what they are at, and you can rest assured that mankind doesnt enter into the frame.;)

Thanks for the clarification, Artisan.

No need for further debate.

To answer your question ... the idea of a guiding force has been dealt with already on the thread ... Even if there were one it wouldn't answer the initial question (or, maybe I should say, the intended question!) ... merely move it further back.

If that's all your here to do, then don't bother responding to anymore of my posts.

I shall exercise my right to respond to posts as, and when, I feel it worthwhile to do so ... Whether to try to educate you, to point out and correct your misconceptions or failure to understand the points being made to you, to aid you in ensuring you don't use words you don't know the meaning of or, simply, to get a cheap laugh.

Hope that's ok with you.

Thanks for the clarification, Artisan.

No need for further debate.

To answer your question ... the idea of a guiding force has been dealt with already on the thread ... Even if there were one it wouldn't answer the initial question (or, maybe I should say, the intended question!) ... merely move it further back.

Why is there no need for further debate?

Are you one of these 'steady state' wallahs?

Thought that went out with the Ark.

Or do you believe that as well? :hihi:

I shall exercise my right to respond to posts as, and when, I feel it worthwhile to do so ... Whether to try to educate you, to point out and correct your misconceptions or failure to understand the points being made to you, or, simply, to get a cheap laugh.

Hope that's ok with you.

Game on jack!

Archived