What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

Why is there no need for further debate?

Are you one of these 'steady state' wallahs?

Thought that went out with the Ark.

The Steady State Theory was widely popular among scientists until .. um, 1967 I think ... when the background radiation from the Big Bang was actually detected, thus proving that it happened.

Or do you believe that as well? :hihi:

Nope.. I was just wanting to make sure I understood what you were saying. I never get into theist discussions ... no point really. No disrespect to your opinions.

Or do you believe that as well? :hihi:

Althought I'm a lambdaCDM man myself there is good grounding for quintessance to make the equations balance... it's just the 1^120 imbalance that is a little hard to swallow at the moment....

Althought I'm a lambdaCDM man myself there is good grounding for quintessance to make the equations balance... it's just the 1^120 imbalance that is a little hard to swallow at the moment....

I have problems with Pi r squared.

When you have eaten the Pi, what use is the rest? :hihi:

A square r is not too good straight after dinner.:D

Firstly, I never said my claim did make sense, you're the one claiming that.

Secondly, what makes you so sure there's only one other alternative?.. there could be ten trillion alternatives. It strikes me that you share the same arrogant, matter of fact attitude that scientists do.. are you a scientist?

No, I'm not a scientist.

No, I never said your claim makes sense- I used a standard logical technique by showing that assuming it did make sense, lead directly to a nonsense conclusion, thus proving that your claim didn't make sense.

Secondly, what makes you so sure there's only one other alternative?.. there could be ten trillion alternatives. It strikes me that you share the same arrogant, matter of fact attitude that scientists do.. are you a scientist?

Why don't you give one of those potential ten trillion alternatives?

I'm pretty confident that there are only 2 possibilities:

a. space requires a further, external space to exist in

b. space does not require a further external space to exist in

if you think others are possible, then give one.

No, I'm not a scientist.

No, I never said your claim makes sense- I used a standard logical technique by showing that assuming it did make sense, lead directly to a nonsense conclusion, thus proving that your claim didn't make sense.

Why don't you give one of those potential ten trillion alternatives?

I'm pretty confident that there are only 2 possibilities:

a. space requires a further, external space to exist in

b. space does not require a further external space to exist in

if you think others are possible, then give one.

If we are to dismiss possibility A, due to there being no logic to it. We must also dismiss possibility B for the very same reason - cos there's no logic to it.

That can only mean there must be another explanation that we're unaware of.

There you go!

If we are to dismiss possibility A, due to there being no logic to it. We must also dismiss possibility B for the very same reason - cos there's no logic to it.

That can only mean there must be another explanation that we're unaware of.

There you go!

So, you can't think of another possibility.

We didn't dismiss a) because there was no logic in it- it was dismissed because I proved, logically, that it was false.

In no way can b) be dismissed 'for the same reason', because no one has put forward a proof that b) is false.

I expect not you're going to say something like 'just because no-one's presented a proof that b) is false, doesn't mean there isn't one'?

Well, tough- fact is, a) has been proved false, and, b) hasn't.

No will it be, cos logically, b) has to be true.

So, either present your proof that b) is false, or, present an actual alternative to a) or b)

So, you can't think of another possibility.

We didn't dismiss a) because there was no logic in it- it was dismissed because I proved, logically, that it was false.

Proved false because because it would be nonsensical to believe it was true?.. yes!?

Posted by Onewheeldave

In no way can b) be dismissed 'for the same reason', because no one has put forward a proof that b) is false.

No-one has put forward a logical explanation for it either. Would you care to try?

Posted by Onewheeldave

I expect not you're going to say something like 'just because no-one's presented a proof that b) is false, doesn't mean there isn't one'?

:huh:... Sorry.. but when did anyone present proof that B) is true?

Posted by Onewheeldave

Well, tough- fact is, a) has been proved false, and, b) hasn't.

So let get this straight: Possibility A) has been proved wrong because there's no logic to it.. yes?. Possibility B) has been proved right because there's no logic to possibility A).. regardless of the FACT!! that there's no logic to possibility B).. go figure.

Posted by Onewheeldave

No will it be, cos logically, b) has to be true.

But you're forgetting, first, we need to disregard the FACT!! that there is no logic to possibility B) in order to prove it logically true:hihi:

Posted by Onewheeldave

So, either present your proof that b) is false, or, present an actual alternative to a) or b)

No!.. because neither can be proved?. But since you believe possibility B) has been proved.. by all means present that proof.

Archived