What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

Some of us are. You seem more interested in continually repeating statements that have already been shown to be false.
Theoretically, shown to be false. As I said previously, those findings would've been deemed inconclusive by any other method of deductive logic.

Strictly speaking, no, but since the inevitable next question (assuming the universe is shown to be simply part of the multiverse) would be regarding the origin of said multiverse so, in effect, it does, still, move the problem backwards.

It could be argued though, that there isn't a problem- as the underlying multiverse is postulated as being uncaused and existing forever, the question of it's origin would not apply, as, by definition, it has no origin.

To ask about the origin of an entity whose very definition includes it being 'origin-less' is, on that view, a simple lack of understanding on the part of the questioner.

As an analogy, taking the 'Big-Bang' and assuming that time itself was created there (as modern cosmologists believe), it would be akin to asking 'but what came before the Big-Bang' it's a question that has no sense-content, but merely shows that the questioner has misunderstood what is meant, in that case, by the 'Big-Bang'.

True enough.

That box that Bones always used to wave around on arrival at the surface of a "new" planet was just an i-phone, let's face it.

With a few tricks, like xray, tray, chemical analysis, nmr scan, etc...

I don't think we've quite reached the point of minimising all these things and sticking them in your average mobile phone.

Archived