What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

You don't have a point. We may not be capable of comprehending the universe, but we can certainly comprehend basic logic. If a given claim leads to a self-contradiction, it is not possible under any circumstances whatsoever for that claim to be true - inside the Universe or outside of it.
Changing the subject just for a min, what about the chicken and the egg... what's the logical explanation?

But we can't, so what does elementary logic tell us?

Logic tells us that some sort of creature must have come before the egg, in order to lay it. Observation tells us that it was probably a proto-reptile.

(More recent observations since the last time I read up on archaeology might, by now, have a better idea of exactly what.)

Try to understand what not existing means. It doesn't mean a large empty space, it does mean a really quiet room. It means there was nothing. No existence, no time, no space, no concept of before because there was nothing to be before and nothing to create the big bang because existence hadn't happened.

We don't have a way to explain what before time means because we can't really imagine what 'time didn't exist' means, but that's what you have to try to do.

My bold

"Nothing to create the big bang"... now that's a contradiction.. you know what that means don't you?

My bold

"Nothing to create the big bang"... now that's a contradiction.. you know what that means don't you?

But apparently you don't. There is no contradiction in that sentence. The Big Bang may have occurred spontaneously without necessity for something to have created it.

Archived