What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

I suspected as much ;)

Others just want to detract from the main jist of the message by engaging in un-necessary wordplay!

Actually, some of us are just trying to dispel the falsehoods on this thread.

And, when a few others don't like it, they resort to bad attitude.

And it's almost always the newbies (who can't take a joke)...

Actually, some of us are just trying to dispel the falsehoods on this thread.

And, when a few others don't like it, they resort to insults and veiled attacks.

And it's almost always the newbies (who can't take a joke)...

For information only. Please don't make jokes with me, they either go straight over my head, or I think they are being serious in which case they have just said something extremely silly.

For information only. Please don't make jokes with me, they either go straight over my head, or I think they are being serious in which case they have just said something extremely silly.

Ha ha ha. Don't worry, Graham, we all know better than to joke with you :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just read this: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20827825.200-big-bounce-cosmos-makes-inflation-a-sure-thing.html

IS OUR universe a recycled version of an earlier cosmos? The idea, which replaces the big bang with a "big bounce", has received a boost: this vision of the birth of the universe can explain why a subsequent process, called inflation, occurred.

...snip...

...simulations showed that the big bounce creates a repulsive force and so is always followed by a period of rapid expansion that is even faster than inflation. Dubbed superinflation, this episode doesn't last long enough to replace inflation. But the pair's latest calculations show that it has a profound effect on space-time, such that no matter what the initial properties are in the early universe, superinflation "funnels" all the possible ways in which space-time can evolve towards one in which inflation is a near certainty

• 2 years later...

I'm not really sure what all that means but...

I always had a theory that the big bang was something that happened every few trillion years.

Bang.. Everything flies off into space. Bodies and planets colide and their gravity eventually attracts them back together until they next achieve critical mass... Then bang..

We are currently on an outward cycle.

Archived