What existed before the big bang? Something must have!

The big bang is like god. Mans explanation for stuff they couldnt possibly know anything about.

The afterglow of the Big Bang known as cosmic background radiation - can be observed today [NASA image].

Show me a picture of god (any god will do, I'm not fussy).

Likewise the expanding universe:

all objects observed in deep space (intergalactic space) are found to have a Doppler shift observable relative velocity to Earth, and to each other; and (2) that this Doppler-shift-measured velocity, of various galaxies receding from the Earth, is proportional to their distance from the Earth and all other interstellar bodies. In effect, the space-time volume of the observable universe is expanding

Surely you're not suggesting that the earth itself is at the center of an explosion of galaxies (the only other explanation given the observed Doppler shift)?

Just because we don't fully understand it yet is no reason to dismiss the whole idea.

Science knows it doesn't know everything; otherwise, it'd stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.

Dara Ó Briain

Science can only go so far and it will ultimately reach point where it has to deal with 'what's before nothing' question..this is where our faculty of reason and observations comes into play..

Yes, I know the obvious answer is,'nothing existed before the big bang; how could it?.. but to accept that theory defies logical. Something must have existed before the singularity, which went on to form our universe exploded/expanded(whatever)into being.

How could time and space not exist before this; well I'll accept that time couldn't exist before it, but space must have, or at least something to the affect of space must have existed to allow the expansion of the singularity.

So does anyone have any theories on this cos it's mind-boggling.

Hot air and gases.I read somewhere that Einstein and Darwins math of the big bang, was wrong and so was fabricated to make it seem correct.

Hot air and gases.I read somewhere that Einstein and Darwins math of the big bang, was wrong and so was fabricated to make it seem correct.

I think that you may be onto something by suggesting that Darwin's math of the big bang cannot be trusted, care to expand?

Archived