Lefties - rioting

Why do some lefties want to riot when they don't agree with the elected government. Is it arrogance or just plain, uncontrollable aggression? I didn't agree with so much of the last governments wasteful and reckless spending, changing our way of life and culture of our country, but I didn't threaten to riot. Please explain yourselves.

As I don't want to riot, I have no need to explain myself to you.

However .....

What's a lefty?

You'll know one when you hear one

Here's a few:

Tit99

Halibutt

Stalin

Alien

That pussycat bloke

Mao Tse Tung

Pol Pott

Fidel Castro

They're obvious when you hear them - really nice people

and Bozo77 - aparently

As I'm a really nice Lefty person, why wasn't my name included in your list?

Explain yourself.

However .....

Explain yourself.

Because you're a nice lefty?? :love:

Looks like some people who got hit by the police - not a riot though

Here are some pictures of a riot -

http://www.caliach.com/paulr/news/polltax/

Spot the difference?

The poll tax riots... that was 20 odd years ago, and anyone that lived through that time understood the frustration. Also that was one riot that worked. It brought about the end of the Poll Tax and the end of Thatcher. A deeply unfair tax brought in without even the support of the rest of the Tories, many would think the price well worth paying for getting rid of a leader that had no respect for democracy.

Self defence is not rioting. Thumping people in a group of three is not rioting. They weren't rioting. Stop trying to imply they were.

I never said they were rioting :loopy:

The poll tax riots... that was 20 odd years ago, and anyone that lived through that time understood the frustration. Also that was one riot that worked. It brought about the end of the Poll Tax and the end of Thatcher. A deeply unfair tax brought in without even the support of the rest of the Tories, many would think the price well worth paying for getting rid of a leader that had no respect for democracy.

She was democratically elected, again and again.

Some of those who objected to this tax rioted - this was undemocratic.

Perhaps because i objected to the massive increase in tax under the last Labour administration I should have rioted? - No I kept voting.

I never said they were rioting :loopy:

you brought this up on a thread about rioting

However .....

Explain yourself.

Yep, me too...get my name on the list or I'll start a protest leading to a riot! :hihi:

That's great but signing up to a paper campaign is completely pretty pointless when Unite has given £11m to Labour since 2007 when only 30% of its members agree with doing that or would even vote for labour (March 2010).

I thought that unions were about matching belief with action? Rather it seems that they are either

a. Labour Party lapdogs

b. Labour Party stooges

... and go hang what the members think.

Then to bang on about Thatcher and Scargill. It looks like certain unions don't know what they think so long as they can play with the big boys using members money.

As opposed to playing their power games with tax payers money?

Archived