'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Road safety advice from the poster who admits using his vehicle as a weapon?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=665928&postcount=411

cyclist beware when i'm mobile again. i think safety helmets & body protection will be needed, i'm even thinking of hiring a bed at the Hallamshire to ensure they get somewhere soft to land.

yawn yawn yawn

I wasn't offering advice i was questioning the reliability of any of the content of your post.

Road safety advice from the poster who admits using his vehicle as a weapon?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=665928&postcount=411

cyclist beware when i'm mobile again. i think safety helmets & body protection will be needed, i'm even thinking of hiring a bed at the Hallamshire to ensure they get somewhere soft to land.

Very thoughtful, what more could one ask?

i meant the one about swindon

Sorry:

In the six months after the fixed cameras were switched off at the end of July, nine accidents were recorded - the same number as in the equivalent period the year before.

Between August last year and January, there were seven minor injury accidents and two serious ones - neither fatal - at the four sites monitored by the cameras.

In the six months from August 2008 there were eight minor accidents and one fatal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1268392/Town-scrapped-speed-cameras-sees-increase-accidents.html#ixzz0wDFjpcS8

Anecdotal, since we have no idea if the accidents wouldn't have happened should the camera's have still been operating.

I know.

That's the point.

For the second time I'm pointing out you cannot draw any conclusions from the Swindon experiment.

I'd say it's more than anecdotal, it's been a full 12 months since they were switched off. How long until we stop saying it's anecdotal? 2 years, 3 years, 5years, 10 years? Probably 20-50 years if the figures don't end up fitting what the speed camera lobby us to believe.

What is anecdotal, is that ACPO copper saying casualties/fatalities/accidents, whichever it was, will increase.

He is the most senior traffic policeman in the country.

I trust him more than someone who keeps claiming, dishonestly, that nobody's died in Swindon since cameras were turned off.

Hmm who claimed nobody has died in Swindon since the cameras were switched off? :huh:

Archived