'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

To be a hypocrit about speeding would require both that I speed sometimes and that I am critical about other people speeding in the same circumstance (or all circumstances).

So no, I'm not a hypocritical speeding motorist of any sociodemographic grouping.

I haven't apologised as i have no evidence yet that a camera cannot be illegal. I can't quite get to grips with what the camera is if it doesn't comply with legal guidleines set down.

Spindrift is simply trying to make a big issue of the fact that the guidelines for placing cameras do not make a legal obligation. They are just guidelines.

Of course if a camera isn't following the guidelines then it makes a mockery of any argument that claims that they are about road safety.

I can confirm that it used to be there and isn't now. If you didn't believe willman.

There is still a sign that flashes up at you.

The question is where did willman get the information that the camera "breached the law".

that's a serious allegation, he has no evidence for it, do you?

I haven't apologised as i have no evidence yet that a camera cannot be illegal. I can't quite get to grips with what the camera is if it doesn't comply with legal guidleines set down.

You claimed the camera breached the law.

You now admit you have no evidence for this at all.

So you must have known you were lying.

No idea, I just read the last couple of pages and had to wade through your bunfight. Repeatedly calling someone a liar over a minor misunderstanding is nasty.

Anyway, looks like another thread has descended into a petty argument between a few people while everyone else has deserted, so I'll be off too.

Interesting that thing about Swindon moving on from cams to something else, and how trivial their stats are - ta for the info there.

Do you object to average speed check cameras? What if we ran them down the length of the M1?

That would be very expensive, unneccesary, cause traffic and hinder the expaditious movement of people, goods and services (ie it would damage the economy imo).

Archived