'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Your source that it was illegal please.

Since speed cameras cannot , ever, be illegal.

The guidlelines are set by ACPO, as I've explained upthread.

Speed cameras cannot be in breach of the law.

Doh! Wrong again Spindrift!

http://www.themoneystop.co.uk/082009/illegal-speed-camera-means-1-5-million-in-refunds.html

I'm sure we'll all accept your apology. :hihi:

totally irrelevant - we're discussing speed not revenge on cyclisst who damage your car.

Nope.

You've made a series of posts about using your vehicle to try to injure people.

this suggests to me that you have a skewed opinion on road safety.

Your repeated lies about a speed camera you claim breaches the law, when there is no evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever, vindicates this view.

You're entitled to be wrong, it's not a crime, but it's a scary thought that violent thugs like you share the roads with children on bikes.

Mr Cogan, 65, of Gatcombe Close, Dorchester, was caught driving in excess of 30mph along the village’s main road in July 2001.

He said:

“I hold my hands up to the offence but all I had done was let my car coast downhill without applying the brakes in an effort to drive economically. "

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/4452895.Motorists_driving_for_speeding_fine_refund/

So, the soppy old duffer has admitted to not being in proper control of his car, failing to notice both the speed limit and a dirty great yellow box, then whines when he gets a fine.

I can't believe some people defend numpty drivers like him, what an idiot!

Same link:

geoffpw, Southill says...

11:21pm Tue 23 Jun 09

With regard to the refunds for speeding motorist in Chideock, I find the idea of people trying to claim their money back after previously pleading guilty rather distasteful.

The speed limit through the village, although worded wrongly was perfectly appropriate and badly needed.

It’s a busy road through a small village with a narrow road, narrow pavements, and shops and houses opening directly on to it.

There can not really be any excuse for exceeding 30 mph there other than lack of care, the signs are clear enough, and plenty of them, and the cameras themselves are plain enough to see.

The law is there to protect us all, not an intellectual amusement for the legal profession. Perhaps people who do choose to claim a refund should be charged with driving without due care and attention instead.

FredAstaire, Puddletown says...

7:35pm Fri 26 Jun 09

“I hold my hands up to the offence but all I had done was let my car coast downhill without applying the brakes in an effort to drive economically."

What a complete prat.

So if he had knocked over and killed someone, the fact he was "coasting" would make everything ok to the victim's family would it?

As someone else has said, coasting = not in control of the vehicle and surely an offence in itself?

And the bozo is proud enough of himself to stand and have a gormless picture of himself taken too!

I concur.

That's a grubby little story and doesn't cast the pro-speeding brigade in a good light at all.

It's a

30mph limit

for

a

very

good

reason.

Speeding at above 30 in a narrow street with shops, pensioners crossing the roads, shoppers and children is stupidly reckless.

The camera wasn't illegal.

[And] Your repeated lies about a speed camera you claim breaches the law, when there is no evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever, vindicates this view.

The one in Dorset had an invalid Traffic Regulation Order so did not comply with the rules, laws, whatever.

Willman's post simply said "There used to be a speed camera in Renishaw as you leave the M1 - as it was in breach of the law it was removed."

You spun that into a hissy drama about "speed cameras cannot, ever, be illegal."

The unwarranted accusations of lies has made me lose respect for you, which is a pity.

Nobody who was caught denies they were speeding.

Source please. ;)

Nobody has had their fine refunded.

"Themoneystop" is not a sensible source.

"The Dorset Safety Camera Partnership (DSCP) has now completed the process of writing to all drivers it has records for.... Drivers who accepted a fixed penalty have been informed of the process to follow in order to apply for a refund of the fixed penalty fine and the removal of valid points from their driving licence."

Source: Dorset Safety Camera Partnership Nov 2009

You're claiming that DSCP invited to drivers to apply for a refund and none have been issued? Would you say you are lying? ;)

"The Dorset Safety Camera Partnership (DSCP) has now completed the process of writing to all drivers it has records for.... Drivers who accepted a fixed penalty have been informed of the process to follow in order to apply for a refund of the fixed penalty fine and the removal of valid points from their driving licence."

Source: Dorset Safety Camera Partnership Nov 2009

You're claiming that DSCP invited to drivers to apply for a refund and none have been issued? Would you say you are lying? ;)

Check mate :hihi: Garrence 1 - 0 Spindrift :hihi:

....waits...."but Dorset Safety Camera Partnership is not a sensible source" :hihi:

Nope.

You've made a series of posts about using your vehicle to try to injure people.

this suggests to me that you have a skewed opinion on road safety.

Your repeated lies about a speed camera you claim breaches the law, when there is no evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever, vindicates this view.

You're entitled to be wrong, it's not a crime, but it's a scary thought that violent thugs like you share the roads with children on bikes.

NOt on this thread i didn't, or do you want to go totally off topic and get the thread closed now you've resorted to name calling and found to be wanting.

If i'm correct you always bring up the same post from me as well - every time it's off topic, but i'm sure you feel better working with outdated resources.

Archived