'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

I really don't understand why people get so angry and upset about speed cameras. Its just like the security guard on the door of a major store - if you're not up to anything bad, surely there's nothing to be bothered about?

Is it really that hard to drive to the standards expected of you when you applied for your driving licence?

Why is it that when you have got your licence you feel you can ignore the rules of the road and drive how you like?

Can you imagine a doctor spending years studying for their PhD and then not bothering to scrub up before an operation?

probably because we are fed up of the nanny state telling us what we can do and when we can do it. I have passed my driving test and my advanced driving test so I think its an insult to my intelligence that someone has told me what speed I can drive at, when I am able to make that decision myself, based on my car, road conditions and time of day etc

probably because we are fed up of the nanny state telling us what we can do and when we can do it. I have passed my driving test and my advanced driving test so I think its an insult to my intelligence that someone has told me what speed I can drive at, when I am able to make that decision myself, based on my car, road conditions and time of day etc

Bet your intelligence wasn't that insulted during both your tests?

Bet your intelligence wasn't that insulted during both your tests?

no it wasnt, i only had 22 lessons in total. and like i said have passed an advanced driving test, have you, if not i would shut your face as you aint got a clue what you are talking about

no it wasnt, i only had 22 lessons in total. and like i said have passed an advanced driving test, have you, if not i would shut your face as you aint got a clue what you are talking about

It took you 22 lessons! Couldn't quite get the hang of those speed limits heh?

It took you 22 lessons! Couldn't quite get the hang of those speed limits heh?

no. but i passed me advanced though and it was a former police driving examiner that took me on that. Like I said, have you passed an advanced test yet? your silence on this is deafening

no. but i passed me advanced though and it was a former police driving examiner that took me on that. Like I said, have you passed an advanced test yet? your silence on this is deafening

Former police driving examiner....now that's impressive. No wonder you feel more superior to other road users.

Condoning lawbreaking i.e Speeding (which you admit to doing) while advocating the enforcement of other traffic laws i.e No Insurance (which I assume you don't do).

That pretty much makes you a hypocrite.

Not at all. It makes me capable of deciding for myself whether I believe a law to be just and worthwhile. There's a massive grey area between an absolute belief that all laws are correct and should be rigorously enforced and that laws are never worth enforcing.

Maybe you and the chief constable can only see in black and white though?

Former police driving examiner....now that's impressive. No wonder you feel more superior to other road users.

well when you have reached the standards I have of driving you can lecture me on the rights and wrongs on speeding but until then i suggest your gob should remain firmly shut. I know exactly where and when its safe to speed and when not too

well when you have reached the standards I have of driving you can lecture me on the rights and wrongs on speeding but until then i suggest your gob should remain firmly shut. I know exactly where and when its safe to speed and when not too

I think you'll find the courts do that.

Archived