'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

Condoning lawbreaking i.e Speeding (which you admit to doing) while advocating the enforcement of other traffic laws i.e No Insurance (which I assume you don't do).

That pretty much makes you a hypocrite.

What about supporting illegal drug use and then criticising/pressuring all speeding motorists is that hypocritical?

Do you notice the people indoors, trying to sleep at 4 in the morning, as you scream past?

You exist in a bubble of selfishness, you have no idea if someone who, quite reasonably, expects other road users to be obeying the law and tries to cross the road or enter the carriageway ahead of you.

i do not make much of a noise in my car its pretty new its not a chavmobile, that you associate with noisy exhausts (corsas) or the like.

yes i do know about road safety and looking out for pedestrians crossing road or entering a carriageway ahead-eyes are wonderful things you know. I take it you have a car and heave never ever gone above the limit or are you one of these sandal wearing guardian readers that uses a bike or walk

Its a driving exam fail to pull out in front of another vehicle and expect them to moderate their driving.

exactly, if you pull out of a carriageway you must keep up with the flow of the traffic so other road users dont have to slow down

Its a driving exam fail to pull out in front of another vehicle and expect them to moderate their driving.

What the rules of engagement are in the L-test (of minimum competence, so certainly no gold standard) is irrelevant (you may have noticed this) in the real world.

People do pull out/walk out when they shouldn't.

What the rules of engagement are in the L-test (of minimum competence, so certainly no gold standard) is irrelevant (you may have noticed this) in the real world.

People do pull out/walk out when they shouldn't.

BUT they shouldn't blame other vehicles if they are ones incompotent that was my point.

Nearly four thousand road deaths a year seems pretty anti-social.

What makes you think thats due to speeding?Its NOT!!

Its caused by

bad attitude

tail gateing

poor driving skills

poor observasion

conditions

badly designed roads/junctions

old age

Heart attacks

etc etc etc

Speeding is the cause of very very very few accidents,it is neither driving without due care nor dangerous driving although some seem to lack the understanding of the big differences.

Exceeding the speed limit is exactly that in in this day and age of speed limits well below the road design speeds its easy to see why millions do it every day,and without incident!

If you had taken the trouble to read the article in the OP you would have seen this

Exceeding the speed limit or going too fast for conditions was reported as a factor in 4,187 deaths and serious injuries in 2009, according to the Department for Transport.

You appear to be defending people who kill and injure while speeding - I assume that wasn't your intention?

If you had taken the trouble to read the article in the OP you would have seen this

You appear to be defending people who kill and injure while speeding - I assume that wasn't your intention?

How would you differntiate between "speeding" and "too fast for the conditions" ?

Archived