'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

To the best of your ability? So you conceed then that you don't or can't 100% of the time? Do you deliberately flout it?

I wouldn't expect you can, it is not possible to follow the Highway Code to the letter 100% of the time, since that would make you an error-less driver, since humans are fallible, errorless driving is not possible. I don't think it makes you a bad driver, however lecturing others about it does make you a hypocrit.

You deliberately flout it, don't you?

When you were learning to drive you would (should) have been taught to refrain from any manoeuvre that would cause another vehicle to change speed or direction. If you follow that very simple principle you'll be a great driver. If everyone did it we'd slash the number of accidents, deaths and injuries.

Simple plans are always the best.

If you read my other posts I said changing lane wasn't a problem if it didn't hinder anyone else...I hope you take more notice of things when you're on the road... :)

When you were learning to drive you would (should) have been taught to refrain from any manoeuvre that would cause another vehicle to change speed or direction. If you follow that very simple principle you'll be a great driver. If everyone did it we'd slash the number of accidents, deaths and injuries.

Simple plans are always the best.

That doesn't really answer it does it? Drivers are not prohibited from changing lanes where they see appropriate.

The onus is on the car on the slip lane to enter the motorway correctly and safely, not for you to start swapping lanes to accommodate them. That's why its not in the highway code.

If the HC didn't want you to do this at all it would say "You must not..." Don't see how it's a problem if your manouver affects no-one else...

That doesn't really answer it does it? Drivers are not prohibited from changing lanes where they see appropriate.

It answers it perfectly. You can do pretty much what you want providing that it doesn't cause another vehicle to change direction or speed.

That's not so difficult to understand is it?

It answers it perfectly. You can do pretty much what you want providing that it doesn't cause another vehicle to change direction or speed.

No, that's basically what I said but you and snaily seem to want to make it an issue... :huh:

So does that prohibit the manouvre in question? It doesn't.

No, that's basically what I said but you and snaily seem to want to make it an issue... :huh:

The issue was the contradictions.

First of all if intention of this manoeuvre is to 'help' joining traffic merge on the motorway without hindering other traffic?

My point being that if the motorway is that busy where merging traffic needs help to join, any subsequent lane change is bound to affect other traffic.

If the motorway isn't busy, why would joining traffic need help?

Archived