'Hypocrisy' of speeding middle-class motorists

Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a hypocrite speeding motorist?

• Yes
    • No

My point being that if the motorway is that busy where merging traffic needs help to join, any subsequent lane change is bound to affect other traffic.

That's a very general statement which isn't always correct...are you now saying it's OK to do as long as no-one else is inconvenienced?

Snaily said you shouldn't do it 'cos it's not in the HC....

Well obviously it is fine and courteous to do it providing that it doesn't cause another vehicle to change direction or speed.

Y'know what truman, it's no wonder that our roads are in chaos when you look at the standard of knowledge of what seems to be the average driver. It's as though the driving test standards were just an inconvenience to be forgotten once the L plates are off and they get their 'rights' to do as they please.

Well obviously it is fine and courteous to do it providing that it doesn't cause another vehicle to change direction or speed.

Y'know what truman, it's no wonder that our roads are in chaos when you look at the standard of knowledge of what seems to be the average driver. It's as though the driving test standards were just an inconvenience to be forgotten once the L plates are off and they get their 'rights' to do as they please.

Maybe you ought to post Snaily a copy of the HC..... :)

The issue was the contradictions.

First of all if intention of this manoeuvre is to 'help' joining traffic merge on the motorway without hindering other traffic?

My point being that if the motorway is that busy where merging traffic needs help to join, any subsequent lane change is bound to affect other traffic.

If the motorway isn't busy, why would joining traffic need help?

Not necessarily the case.

Well it was your answer to Truman's question "Where does it say you must not move lane to allow someone to join the motorway?" which didn't answer it.

But it does answer it doesn't it? Changing lanes is neither here nor there providing that you don't cause another vehicle to change direction or speed - whether you are in teh inside lane or the slip road. I'm unsure which bit of that phrase you're having trouble with.

Snaily said you shouldn't do it 'cos it's not in the HC....

LOL.....Tell tale

This all started when that example was given in a 'How's my driving' list of good motorway lane discipline.

So I asked where the manoeuvre of moving over to lane 2 of a motorway to assist merging traffic was listed in the Highway Code.

It isn't

LOL.....Tell tale

This all started when that example was given in a 'How's my driving' list of good motorway lane discipline.

So I asked where the manoeuvre of moving over to lane 2 of a motorway to assist merging traffic was listed in the Highway Code.

It isn't

....and neither is it prohibited by the HC as I'm sure you understand now.

LOL.....Tell tale

It isn't

And where is the "you must not....." there isn't one...

Archived